PDA

View Full Version : Rear AC unit question

Wagenman
10-16-2013, 07:19 PM
I have a 2014 Fuzion, with the second AC unit in the garage part.. It looks as if that second AC unit is standard now in this model toy hauler..
My question is, do all of these AC units have that "heat strip"?? And of not.. how do you tell if you have it or not? My thermostat in the garage has a heat setting on it, but doesn't seem to blow hot air when in heat mode..
Any input would be much appreciated...

Wagenman
10-16-2013, 07:46 PM
I see there is already a couple other threads on this topic..
I am not that familiar with these units... but I did take the cover off to look inside.. I am not sure I took off the right part.. there is only one 1/4 turn screw to get into the unit.. or you can remove all the screws that actually hold the unit to the roof.. I only went into the area that opens up with the 1/4 turn screw and didn't see anything un-plugged..
But like I said in my previous post.. the second AC unit is a option in the fusion, and it appears as if they all have the heat strip.. ???

ctpd814
10-16-2013, 08:10 PM
I will be at my unit tomorrow. I will try to get some pictures to show you what to look for. You will need a flashlight to see the heat coil. You have to pull the cover off so that you can see all the way to the top of the unit. The heat coil will be near the top. It will be thin metal that winds back and forth with a plug on one end.

Bob Landry
10-17-2013, 07:01 AM
1. Look in the manuals that you received when you bought he trailer.

2.You should be able to pull the cover off from the inside and see the heat coils if they are there.

3. As a last resort, call the manufacturer of the AC and give CS the model number and they can tell you.

Wagenman
10-17-2013, 11:30 AM
Thank you Bob... I will do some more research tomorrow when I'm back at camp..