PDA

View Full Version : Slide out stopped working

kenm500
10-14-2013, 04:37 PM
New to RV/Trailers. I recently purchased a 2010 Bullet 248RBS. The slide out had been working, but now is stuck in the out position. I am connect to power. When attempting to close, there is no motor sound. Any suggestion on where I should start investigating the problem?

any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Ken / Claudia
10-14-2013, 05:01 PM
I guess everything else works?. Check every breaker and fuse make sure they are good. Next I would make sure that the battery is good and has good connections. Last check if all else is good would be the motor,maybe it failed. My Artic fox had a self resetting fuse on the slide. 3 dollar part that the dealer informed me about under a sink. I spend 4 hours taking out the motor only to find it was working. At a keystone workshop the service guys said even on shorepower you need a battery in working condition and of course hooked up. Good Luck

audio1der
10-15-2013, 06:10 AM
As above, once every sude & breaker has been checked, the battery is the next culprit. Slides require a strong, charged battery to work. I have had to unhook in order to pull next to my FIL's trailer so he could close his slide, as neither his TV nor TT batteries were strong enough to power his slide back in.

If all else fails, remove the wooden trim piece over the center of your slide and you will find a chuck to manually crank the slide in using the dealer supplied, flexible shaft allen key.

Greysquirrel
10-15-2013, 01:03 PM
If he is hooked up to power would that not be the same connecting to a TV?
Just curious in case it happens to me some day.

04z71
10-15-2013, 03:56 PM
New to RV/Trailers. I recently purchased a 2010 Bullet 248RBS. The slide out had been working, but now is stuck in the out position. I am connect to power. When attempting to close, there is no motor sound. Any suggestion on where I should start investigating the problem?

any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks!

pull the fuse dont just look. happened on my new rv fuse looked good but tested with a light tester to find problem. suppose to be a light that comes on when the fuse blows but doesnt usually work

audio1der
10-16-2013, 10:41 AM
When "power" was mentioned it didn't state what the source was, so I thought I'd throw that out there. If the fuse does turn out to be good, there is likely another fuse, like the radio. I blew the fuse on top of the radio housing itself while the fuse in the panel was fine. You 'll just have to find it.

robo
10-21-2013, 04:28 AM
I have blown the maiin fuse and slides went out backwards was not till i blew 3radio fuses i figures it out Battry hooked up wrong