PDA

View Full Version : full timers with buildings to live in

abneynormal
10-11-2013, 05:26 PM
I wanted to throw this post out for full timers who have a home roost. I love bike rally season and other destinations. however, in the winter even in Alabama there isn't much to do on a motorcycle. we built a building and my dad has living quarters in it. I live in the rv. for those of you considering this it is a great way to save your rv from the ravages of the sun. I have full hookups including propane, no need to fill those little tanks. I call it my ultimate man cave

hankaye
10-11-2013, 06:56 PM
abneynormal, Howdy;

Do you go "all electric" indoors or do you have a rig of some sort to
take care of the propane exhaust from heater and hot water ???

hankaye

abneynormal
10-12-2013, 03:06 AM
I put a carbon monoxide monitor up beside the heat/ water heater to see if I needed to do anything and it has never gone off( except when I test start the generator ) the building has some airflow so it isn't a concern now. I do use a electric oil heater in the garage/bed room. oh if you have a big building like this I would recommend a couple of drains at each end of the rv for the water off of the rv. I wound up putting a garden hose fitting in a 5 gal bucket and running a hose out the back door.
if you are concerned I guess you could rig a blower assembly. btw the rv bay is 25' by 70' and over 14' tall