PDA

View Full Version : 2011 keystone retreat floor

kaylee
09-16-2010, 07:52 PM
I have just purchased a 2011 keystone retreat.I have the 39fden model. there is a lot of give in the floor especially in the kitchen area from the start of the kitchen counter through to the front of the refrigerator. it is worst in front of the sink area. is there anyone out there who has a new retreat who is experiencing the same thing? or is there anyone out there with a new retreat who has a rock solid floor in this area? i would love to hear from you.

Pennsylvaniasprinter
10-05-2010, 08:22 PM
I have a 2010 Sprinter 250RBS and have noticed the same thing in the kitchen area around the refrigerator.

I can't wait to hear if someone else knows why this is.....

badge4
10-06-2010, 01:56 PM
We have a 2011 Retreat 39FDEN and have not had any trouble with the floor flexing at all. Initially we had a lot of play throughout the trailer but it was due to insufficient blocking. Kaylee I assume your Retreat is permantally parked? If so you need to be sure you have enough blocking. Also I PMed you sometime back when you made your initial posts, hope you got them.

Good luck

plan01
11-17-2010, 09:45 AM
I just purchase 39 den myself I'll take delievery this Fri and I'll let you know.

Balldome
11-18-2010, 02:58 PM
badge4, what do you mean about blocking a get alot of rocking in my rv?

scubapop
01-20-2011, 03:30 AM
We have a 2011 Xlite Cougar TT and it also has a floor squeak starting around the fridge and going forward through the bathroom and stops just over the threshhold for the bedroom. will be taking the unit to the dealer for for warranty stuff next week and will be asking them correct it. Will let you know what happens

Pennsylvaniasprinter
01-21-2011, 10:13 PM
I would love to know if they fix it. I was told it was "normal".

swineboy
10-13-2011, 01:42 PM
I have a 39 fden retreat and my floor is just like yours. It is weak all across the floor just like you describe. I have mine blocked at least every 5 to 6 feet also. Would like to know if you have had issues with water leaks on A frame slide out.Thanks Mike

smiller
10-14-2011, 05:04 PM
Check to see if the flexible area is over the under-floor heating duct. The floor can flex in this area as the duct does not provide much support.

Paul and Rhonda
10-03-2013, 08:26 PM
I also have the 250RBS showed dealer the soft spot, telling him it has been there since I purchased it new. He said he felt is was rotten, and had water damage. I don't think this is correct. He said it has probably gotten into all the flooring, and an estimate to repair would be $5000-$7,500!! Now, in his defense, he has not "inspected" it, just stood on the area, and pushed up and down. I will take it in week after next when he returns from vacation, to get an inspection......keeping my fingers crossed, and praying!!

JRTJH
10-04-2013, 06:14 AM
I also have the 250RBS showed dealer the soft spot, telling him it has been there since I purchased it new. He said he felt is was rotten, and had water damage. I don't think this is correct. He said it has probably gotten into all the flooring, and an estimate to repair would be $5000-$7,500!! Now, in his defense, he has not "inspected" it, just stood on the area, and pushed up and down. I will take it in week after next when he returns from vacation, to get an inspection......keeping my fingers crossed, and praying!!

I hear the beginnings of a "horror story" unfolding here. Nobody can "fortune-tell" that water damage has "gotten into all the flooring" by simply standing on a "soft spot" in an RV known to have "soft floors"...... Be cautious with this kind of $5000-$7500 "sooth-saying" ........

BUYER BEWARE !!!!!!