PDA

View Full Version : Cougar XLite 28SGS chairs

gearhead
10-08-2013, 05:50 PM
For those that have 28SGS: I have pulled both bottom drapery brackets off the wall with the rear chairs. This has happened with them strapped down and going down the road. I have the chairs facing inward; the chair backs are against the drapes. I drove some really bad back roads in Mississippi and Louisiana when the brackets broke.
Has this happened to anyone else? Any suggestions?
I'm tempted to leave them as is.

byrdr1
10-08-2013, 06:18 PM
We have been placing blankets behind the rocker/recliners backs and the walls. Seems to help with movement of same. We haven't had a problem with that. One side over the couch is all but pulled out. I have been watching it real close. I know it's just a matter of time before it pulls out.

Randy Sent this!!

CWSWine
10-09-2013, 05:11 PM
I put my chairs back toward the center and place throws between the backs and the end table. I haven't had any damage yet.

gearhead
10-10-2013, 04:31 PM
CWSWine....thanks....I proposed doing that with the chairs, but the bride said all the trailers at the dealer had the chairs turned inward. I'm gonna overrule that that one.
Is your Chevy a long bed or standard? I'm considering an upgrade.

CWSWine
10-10-2013, 07:07 PM
CWSWine....thanks....I proposed doing that with the chairs, but the bride said all the trailers at the dealer had the chairs turned inward. I'm gonna overrule that that one.
Is your Chevy a long bed or standard? I'm considering an upgrade.

Mine is a standard bed and I don't have any trouble with it hitting the cab.

gearhead
10-11-2013, 06:35 PM
Blue with white coves...that has to be awesome.
Mine is 2007 LT3 in Monterrey Red.

Bowti
10-13-2013, 09:27 AM
I put my chairs back toward the center and place throws between the backs and the end table. I haven't had any damage yet.

Broke one of mine already, will try your idea. Thanks

Dubedubedo
10-14-2013, 03:15 PM
Hi, same thing happened to us. We took all the plastic brackets off and also removed the side curtains. Just have the upper padded valance. Like it much better and it lets much more light in.