PDA

View Full Version : Cougar 330RBK Bunkhouse Door Flop

Campnfireman
10-08-2013, 04:50 PM
Well didn't like that the bunkhouse door was swinging into the bunkhouse because when the pull out sofa is out the door can not be opened. I also didn't like that I couldn't see the slide coming in. So my father in law and I set out to fix that tonight. It went extremely well and easy. We literally just swapped the door and trim around to swing outward toward the living area. Bad part is I didn't think to take pics but it was a snap. So those wondering just dive into it.

FrayCan77
11-04-2013, 10:44 AM
The wife and I were just talking about this last night. We've only owned the RV for two weeks. I'm not sure why the door opens that way from the factory, doesn't make much sense to me.:rolleyes:

KanTC
11-04-2013, 12:18 PM
Campnfireman & FrayCan77,

If you're interested, there's at least one other member/owner who also changed/reversed the door on that model.

http://keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=5871

I didn't read through all of the existing posts, but there may already be some photos available..... just type 330RBK into the forum search box.

Terri, the Chevy co-pilot :)

Campnfireman
11-05-2013, 12:08 PM
The wife and I were just talking about this last night. We've only owned the RV for two weeks. I'm not sure why the door opens that way from the factory, doesn't make much sense to me.:rolleyes:

It was a very easy switch. Just be careful when taking the trim down as it will snap very easy.

BlindGuyNAR
11-07-2013, 06:41 PM

I have a theory as to why it is this way. The sofa bed is a option. If it were just a bunk there wouldn't be an issue. The design just doen't take the option into account.

Need to do it on my 346 LBQ as well.