PDA

View Full Version : Winterization

Albert
10-08-2013, 02:04 PM
Have a 2011 Cougar High Country 291 RLS. There are three drain lines under the trailer. One is near the back and it is for the fresh water tank. There are two other that come out the bottom on the kitchen side near the tires. I opened them both up and only got about a quarter cup of water out of them. Anyone knows what these are for? It should be noted that I drained the water heater before I discovered these two drains.

Thanks for your help.

Festus2
10-08-2013, 02:59 PM
I am quite sure that they would be the low point drains for both the HW and cold water lines in your unit. If you had already drained the HW tank and the FW tank, there might not be that much water left in the lines.

If you are using RV antifreeze to winterize, you need to close these two low point drains or all the pink stuff you pump into the lines will drain back out. Close these then pump your antifreeze through the system.

TheSweetLife
10-08-2013, 03:00 PM
Those sounds like low point drains. Open all the faucets and this should allow more water to drain.

theeyres
10-08-2013, 08:07 PM
Typically I get very little water out of those low point drains so evidently there is not much left by the time I open those. But that little bit of water could freeze in a pipe and break it.