PDA

View Full Version : Lock Recall...

zenbuck
10-07-2013, 07:08 AM
Seems like FIC has some bad lock cylinders.. The keys on my unit are not listed but do pull out at the 9'oclock postion.. New set on the way...

http://www.fastecindustrial.com/images/DuelCylinder.jpg

http://www.fastecindustrial.com/recall/default.html

Bugle Boy
10-07-2013, 07:17 AM
Wow! We just missed it. Ours is HF-351. I will check ours to see if they pull out at 9:00.

We're good. My key will not come out at 9.

labs4life
10-07-2013, 03:19 PM
My one door that was recalled was not on the list, but pulled out at 9. This is also the same lock I broke a key in about 2 weeks after we bought the trailer. Boy.....you talking about mad!! But now, all is well!!!

crash
10-08-2013, 09:17 AM
(tx)I will have to check ours when I get home.

GMcKenzie
10-09-2013, 10:56 AM
Other info in

http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/showthread.php?t=13016

Still wondering how I get notified in Canada.

Sicapo
10-09-2013, 04:55 PM
I'm in Canada also :CF: and didn't get notified by neither my dealer nor FIC. I called Fastec and they confirmed that Canadians owners are also entitled for a replacement. They ask for my name and address and are sending me the replacement locks.

By the way, they confirmed that if you remove the key while in the 9 o'clock position, although you cannot open the door from the inside, you can still open the door from the outside by re-inserting the key.

Hunter757
10-11-2013, 04:41 AM
Thanks for the information, my unit has these and I will give them a call today!

Happy Camping.

Clark
10-11-2013, 06:23 AM
I just checked my 2012 passport 2510RB and it looks like mine are not affected the key will not come out at the 9 Oclock position My key number is HF 312.:)

labs4life
10-15-2013, 03:55 AM
I just checked my 2012 passport 2510RB and it looks like mine are not affected the key will not come out at the 9 Oclock position My key number is HF 312.:)

Be careful giving out key numbers. Not that anyone would......but you never know.
About the same as giving your Address and announcing you are leaving for a 3 week trip. Just be careful, this is he internet you know!

SAABDOCTOR
10-15-2013, 06:50 AM
i NEVER GOT A NOTICE. called them up super nice people. I even saked if they would send me a cylinder coded to my back door which was not recalled. they said no problem packaged showed up within 5 days. easy to do old parts and the tool on the way back. so nice to deal with a company like this."bouncey:

labs4life
10-15-2013, 10:56 AM
i NEVER GOT A NOTICE. called them up super nice people. I even saked if they would send me a cylinder coded to my back door which was not recalled. they said no problem packaged showed up within 5 days. easy to do old parts and the tool on the way back. so nice to deal with a company like this."bouncey:

Now why didn't I think of that!! O well, locks are good and just have to remember which key is which.....it is usually not a problem ;)

SAABDOCTOR
10-15-2013, 12:10 PM
I HAD 4 KEYS to the camper one for each entry door one for the slam latches and the ch751 universal metal key. that's more than i have for my house and car!! so now I should get better gas milage towing ... right:rolleyes: less weight.

srvnt
10-17-2013, 10:41 AM
Received my new cylinders today and installation was easy without even taking any backplates off, you just remove the cylinders. Also requested same key as other door so now all doors are the same key as should have been in the first place! If you call them I think you could get another set of matching cylinders for your other door, recall or not. Happy, happy,happy camper :)

richf28
10-18-2013, 02:40 AM
I've been trying to contact them for 2 weeks now. It goes directly to an answering machine. I leave my bane and number each time. They calked me back one time and wouldn't you know...I missed the call. Now starting the process all over again. Not griping. They're probably busy as heck with all the calls so I'll keep trying.

Clark
10-18-2013, 05:39 PM

Be careful giving out key numbers. Not that anyone would......but you never know.
About the same as giving your Address and announcing you are leaving for a 3 week trip. Just be careful, this is he internet you know!

Yes your right Never know!