PDA

View Full Version : Water Leak

Hardway
10-06-2013, 08:15 AM
2013 Raptor 381 LEV- Well here I go again more problems...Now in Pahrump NV and upon taking showers water pours out the belly pan. Found this the hardway: going down hill and watching water pour out the coroplast to frame joints. In Hawthorne drilled holes in the front coroplast to drain water out and allow me to try and isolate the problem. Filled black tank, flushed through the flushing system, filled both grey water tanks and found no more water leaking out the holes in the coroplast. Discovered yesterday (in Pahrump) water running out again after taking showers.

Has anyone any experience trying to get to the plumbing on the shower? I know to access the drain I will have to drop or cut a whole in the front coroplast section.

I am really disappointed with this trailer; I have had so many problems - several pages woth of listings. will post these at a later later date Thanks for any ideas you may have. and does anybody know of a keystone repair facility in southern Nevada? I have three other items which need resolving....Hardway

Hardway
10-09-2013, 07:06 AM
381 lev Raptor..Well found the water leak. Had to sawzall out the front panel dividing the area between hot water tank, converter, water lines, hydraulic line and the wall storage area. The panel would not come out with the sliding tray that was installed in the storage area without additional clearance. At any rate the line running from shower pan and bathroom sink into Grey Tank 1 was leaking where it penetrated the tank. On filling the tank it was readily evident.
It was also evident either the dealer or manufacture had tried a fiberglass repair but because of its inaccessibility had only gone around 1/3 of the penetration area. As their is little pressure in this area, opted for a dose of silicone sealer which I could get all around the pipe by manipulating a 3/8" rubber hose to move the silicon into position Also am headed to home depot for a batt operated water detector so I will know anytime in the future of a leak in this area.
This area is totally inaccessible (top of the tank) and assume there is a rubber seal that fits to the tank and the drain pipe slips thru the rubber seal. That way you could remove the tank if necessary. Hope this helps someone if they have a similar problem. Also would strongly urge everyone to drill some holes in their coroplast so you were alerted quickly on a leak and didn't fill your belly ban full of water......Hardway

Jager
10-09-2013, 09:24 AM
If you had any photos it would be helpful to see the area you're talking about. Just a thought. Thanks for taking the time to post this. I'm sure it will help someone else down the line.

Hardway
10-10-2013, 06:39 AM
I will see what I can do. Its a very small opening beween the trusses and everything is all black. Will be a couple of days before I put the plywood divider back in as I wanted to put a water alert in on top of the tank. Had to order one as Pahrump home depot didn't stock them.

By the way is that a GMC or Chev truck? I am being told they weren't making them anymore... as I was interested in one & in particular because they have a decent set of mirrors on them. Hardwaty..

Jager
10-10-2013, 09:19 AM
. . . . By the way is that a GMC or Chev truck? I am being told they weren't making them anymore... as I was interested in one & in particular because they have a decent set of mirrors on them. Hardwaty..

My truck is a Chevy but there are also GMC's out there. You heard correct that they (GM) is no longer manufacturing the medium truck series. It is a shame because they sold a zillion of these (well not exactly like mine but box trucks, roll back, tow trucks, etc). I heard they had to stop making these as a result of becoming Government Motors.

I bought my 2008 brand new at the end of 2009. It was a bare cab and chassis and didn't look ANYTHING like what you see in the photo. I had it upfitted by a shop that specializes in medium duty custom trucks in Texas. Believe it or not there are still new, left over 2007, 08 and 09's out there. Mostly on dealer lots. You have to look for them but there are still a few left. I have towed campers and other stuff for many years . . . this truck is a dream to tow with. It truly handles the weight and size of the camper. If I didn't have this I would be trying to figure out how to afford an FL70.

Hardway
10-17-2013, 07:38 AM

Jaeger, here is a couple of pics that don't really do much justice to understanding the problem. Again this is a 381 LEV Raptor Grey tank #1, which is fed by bathroom sink and shower. Accesss was through the front pass through for storage. The white is the silicone sealer that I used where the ABS penetrated the top of the tank, to try and stop the leak there. When I get back home I will try and get a proper repair from the dealer as this beast is still under warranty until March 2014. Thanks for the info on the truck...This would be ideal for me. Hardway