PDA

View Full Version : Raptor screen door protector

sponge60
09-28-2013, 06:53 AM
Hoping someone has found a decent screen door protector for a Raptor 297 SE. I like one on Camping World but it's too tall. (23 inches and the door frame is only 20 1/2).

Chip999
10-03-2013, 02:00 PM
If you turn the one at Camping World sideways it will fit. That's so the sliding parts face up and down instead of across, if that's acceptable for you. We did that and it works to protect the screen from poking coonhound noses and paws.

Ken / Claudia
10-03-2013, 03:12 PM
I have made a pexiglass sreen door saver for this and last rv I had. Went to home depot and one cut to just have the bottom half of sreen blocked. The size fit the frame width and I cut it at the sreen door latch area. Small screws into the frame about $15 and 15 mins.

allmi01
10-04-2013, 07:01 AM
Menards and found a screen door protector that was designed to fit from 30 to 36 inch storm doors. It had long tabs on each corner for attching to the storm door. I shortened them to the proper length, drilled holes and used sheet metal screws to attach it to the door. I think I paid $20 for the protector.

It works to keep my to small muts from poking the screen.

The big box sotres might be a good solution. look at the storm door accessories and big a measuring device (tape measure) and see if they have something that works for you.

I certainly worked for me for a lot less that Camping World and better protection as the one I purchased has smaller openings.

Mike