PDA

View Full Version : How Do You Run an Extension Cord From Outside Into a TT?

meyerske
09-25-2013, 03:17 PM
How Do You Run an Extension Cord From Outside Into a TT?

dandjh1958
09-25-2013, 04:09 PM
I have a awning style window (cranks out from the bottom so rain doesn't get in) so I just run extension cords, satellite radio antennas etc, right out the window. then I shut the window as much as I can but the extension cord leaves a small gap. Not the end of the world.

The other access point I have the the location where the power cord for the whole TT comes into the back of our rig. I can thread an extension cord thru there also but the window is the easiest.

Happy camping!

JRTJH
09-25-2013, 06:27 PM
Through a window is one solution. Along the rubber wipers on the slide is another.

Ideally, there is a Marinco 20 Amp entry kit that can be installed in the RV wall. http://rvpartssource.com/Marinco-150BBIW.RV&currency=USD&language=en?gclid=CPfVuY2B6LkCFYdQ7AodPAcAog

When installed, it provides a safe reliable way to connect additional power to the RV without running a cord through a window or doorway. Install it, use Romex to connect it to a dedicated 120VAC outlet in the RV and only use it with a circuit protected 15 amp or 20 amp power source .

Bushman512000
09-25-2013, 10:57 PM
I added a water proof flapper door off a outside power box over the hole I drilled in the wall of the camper also have the same cover in the camper. Looks nice and neat and great for the extra power cord to run in side as needed . We use it a lot to run elect. heat or the TV off the 1000 Honda when heat not needed Boon Docking . Just not as tacky as in a window or slide seal but to each there own ..Bushman:D

dandjh1958
09-26-2013, 08:50 AM
Hey! I resemble that "tacky" remark! I try not to get too tacky when camping but my light and flag collection keeps growing and growing!

michol02
09-26-2013, 09:36 PM
30' of cord curls up inside, behind water valves(previously my outdoor shower)in a "cubby" hole. Used to run my 2nd AC. I just pull out as much as I need to plug into park power.