PDA

View Full Version : Last trip of the year

Lost
09-24-2013, 03:45 AM
With the weather turning cold at night here in Michigan it's time to winterize our toys and 5th wheel So this will be our last week of camping this year :( We did have a great summer of camping this past year in our new trailer with very little issues "bouncey: Already looking forward to next year.

mikell
09-24-2013, 04:53 AM
Were just packing getting ready to head to Missouri Friday morning or maybe even Thursday night. Then it'll get parked for a few weeks till deer season

byrdr1
09-24-2013, 05:03 AM
Hate that for you. we have two trips planned now. one for a 4 night stay the weekend before halloween and the last one for the whole week at thanksgiving. The wife is asking about new years at the beach now..
So we hope to get 3 trips in before winter really hits down south.
randy

tileman
09-24-2013, 05:04 AM
Wow kind of hard for me to think of the cold here in Fl.
Still in the 90s here.

Well have fun on you trip and be safe.

327fls
09-24-2013, 05:18 AM
We have 6 trips planned right up to the week before Thanksgiving. Then we will winterize. "bouncey:

JRTJH
09-24-2013, 07:29 AM
We will probably winterize after deer season, and put the fifth wheel to "bed" in the new pole barn. We do, however, plan to redo this trip in Feb/Mar when the temps will be closer to 70 in south Louisiana/Texas rather than the 95+ of last week.

I'm thinking if I can "sneak up" on the weather, it has to cooperate and be nicer..... Hmmmmm:D

Kristi
09-24-2013, 08:55 AM
Funny how different the seasons can be, some of you are already winterizing while others of us are just getting to the good camping weather. "bouncey:

crash
09-24-2013, 10:37 AM
We are heading out this weekend to try the new turbos out ,then the whole week of halloween in Nags Head,2nd week in november in Harpers Ferry wva,then the day after x-mas til jan 7 2014 in Key West, who knows after that:D"bouncey:No time to winterize or let moss grow on these rolling stones:D

Dave & SUe
09-24-2013, 12:51 PM
We are headed to Missouri this Friday also.Going to Branson till Monday , then headed into Louisiana.From there into Texas.Stopping in Burleson to spend a few days with my sister and her family.Will do the winterizing after we get back home around the 10th of Oct.It will be getting colder here in Kansas by the end of October.

GaryWT
09-24-2013, 04:56 PM
We had a couple nights in the 30's and a couple in the 40's last week but are hoping to get 4 more trips in and will get thing winterized before phase 2 of my cancer treatment kicks in during Nov and Dec. this will bring us to 42 nights in the new trailer this year.

Bob Landry
09-25-2013, 03:45 AM
I have had to think long and hard to realize an advantage to putting up with the Texas heat, but I suppose it's that we don't have to winterize and can camp year round. I suppose that sometime in January we will get a couple of weeks of winter.

crash
09-25-2013, 04:19 AM
Gary good luck on your cancer our prayers go out to you and your family ,Cancer has hit my family and several friends really hard.

GaryWT
09-25-2013, 05:03 AM
Thanks Crash.

allmi01
09-25-2013, 06:29 AM
GaryWT,

Our Paryers are with you as well as you battle with cancer.

Remember that no one walks alone as long as they have people who care.

keep the faith and be well.

Hope to meet up with you one day in my travels in the LP of Mich.

Mike