PDA

View Full Version : Cougar vs Laredo Quality

LeonineThor
09-21-2013, 06:12 AM
I am in the final stages of deciding between a Cougar or a Laredo. I've been in the Cougar, felt, touched, moved in it. But there aren't any Laredo dealerships near me. I believe the Laredo is a better fit for my budget, family and camping style (ie - we don't need the outside kitchen). But - how does it feel compared to the Cougar? Can anyone speak to this? Does the Laredo feel solid? Good construction, comfortable furniture?

Also - can anyone tell me how far the kingpin sticks out in front of the camper - is it about 8"?

Thank you!

hankpage
09-21-2013, 07:14 AM
Some folks may disagree but you have to realize that they are both made in the same factory, with the same materials and the same furniture and appliances. Their designs and floor-plans may differ but basically they are the same. The important thing is that the floor-plan and options fit YOUR family best. You also have to weigh in the convenience of a local dealer. JM2¢, Hank ......... Welcome to the forum.

therink
09-21-2013, 10:51 AM
X2 : Both models are basically the same. My Sydney is basically same build design as well. Then differences are with floor plans, decor, colors and options. It's a matter of preferences and what you like.
Steve

Bob Landry
09-21-2013, 11:51 AM
+1 on everything said above and I'll add one more thing. One thing that my Outback has that I never thought about until I looked at trailers that didn't have it is plenty of room between the foot of the bed and the dresser to stand and dress/undress. Just about every floor plan I've looked at since that does not have the bedroom in a slide out just barely gives you enough room to stand along side and make the bed. That along with the mirrored sliding door full wardrobe really opens up the bedroom. Granted, you probably don't spend a lot of time in the BR, but really makes it a lot more livable. JMHO.