PDA

View Full Version : ceiling ducts

elderhutch
09-20-2013, 12:43 PM
have bought a used 5th wheel, have a question as to use of all the vents on inside ceiling. am sure the large one in living room area for air conditioner, but there are several small round vents in all areas: are these related to air conditioner? or are these intakes for propane heater? or what?

thank you ahead for any help with this question, am sure i'll be a frequent user.

rrohrer
09-20-2013, 12:46 PM
the a/c should be ducted. small vents in ceiling should be the a/c. ones in the floor should be the heat

chuckretnav
09-20-2013, 02:17 PM
When you have the A/C on and you feel air straight under the A/C close that vent and then the A/C will blow through the duct work. I have a 327res and the only problem I had was it didn't seem to reach the front bedroom very well. It was there but not very well. So we had the bathroom vent plugged off and that made it better. Happy Trails

Bob Landry
09-20-2013, 03:56 PM
Instead of closing off a ceiling vent and risk causing an air flow restriction and icing, you would do well to check the discharge and return air plenums in the AC and the duct where it is cut into for the vents and make sure they are properly taped. You'll be surprised how much you can increase air flow.

elderhutch
09-21-2013, 07:49 AM
thank you for helping out with my question, appreciate it.

would be nice to have a better owners manual, the online one i've found is
somewhat helpfull, but does not go into any kind of detail.

hankpage
09-21-2013, 09:55 AM
thank you for helping out with my question, appreciate it.

would be nice to have a better owners manual, the online one i've found is
somewhat helpfull, but does not go into any kind of detail.

Just about all rv manuals are generic. If you want info on a particular appliance or component your best bet is to go to the manufacturers website and get the manual on that components operation and maintenance. (Dometic, Coleman, Lippert, Attwood, Suburban, etc.) I hope this helps, Hank

mikell
09-21-2013, 03:46 PM
All that said you could have a heat pump that puts out cold and hot air depending on whats requested.