PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes you just have to laugh!!!!!!!!

Lundy
09-17-2013, 12:38 PM
Before we leave on trips I always check all of our appliances to make sure they are working properly, last month while getting the trailer ready for our last summer trip I lit the fridge and put the thermometer in it to check the temp. Next day I checked and it was 45 I thought it was due to a very hot day and turned the adjustment all the way to the coldest setting. Checked the next day, still 45, crap I have a problem. I called my local service store and they got me right in.
Here’s the part where you have to laugh – turns out my thermometer had gone bad. It was reading 10 -12 degrees too warm. It cost me $100.00 fridge check fee plus $8.00 for a new thermometer. She purred along for two weeks right at 34 degrees.
One must laugh at life sometimes.

pjhansman
09-17-2013, 01:11 PM
I check my fridge temperature with beer. Sort of a continuous quality control program whenever I'm camping. :D

labs4life
09-17-2013, 04:19 PM
I check my fridge temperature with beer. Sort of a continuous quality control program whenever I'm camping. :D

Here here. My fridge runs almost constantly and usually has chilly brews In there, so I agree with the temperature monitoring program!!

Cnc_hemi
09-17-2013, 05:47 PM
One trick I do is put a cup of water in the freezer and after its frozen I put a penny on top the ice. So if you leave food in it you will know if the temp dropped are not. If the ice melted the penny would be in the bottom.