PDA

View Full Version : Sprinter Electrical Problems

JayBar23
09-16-2013, 09:01 AM
Hello,

New member of the travel trailer community and have already encountered an electrical problem. I have a 2009 Keystone Sprinter 311BHS. Right now I don't have any power to any of the overhead lights, the refridge/freezer, and the TV/Radio unit. I have checked and reset the 3 breakers inside the camper as well as all the fuses.I have also checked and reset all the GFI outlets. All are still in tact. Any ideas why I don't have power to lights etc??

Thank you Kindly!

Ken / Claudia
09-16-2013, 10:33 AM
I went to a workshop from keystone after this purchase, they said in print and stated that batteries are still required to be hooked up to filter "AC ripple" to run some items. Is the battery good and hooked up?. This may or may not be the problem but, a starting point.

SAABDOCTOR
09-16-2013, 12:54 PM
AT THE BATTERY THERE IS a circut breaker it is in a metal case in the positive cable which is black in color. check if you have power on both terminals after making sure the battery(s) are good. keep us posted please.:D

campingcpl
09-17-2013, 07:09 AM
First off welcome to the forum. Secound, I guess I'm a little confused. :confused: Do you not have 12 volt power or 110 volt power or both? Your lights, radio & water pump will run off of 12 volt and your fridge & water heater will run off of 12 volt & propane or 110 volt, your tv, micro, a/c will be 110. Also are you trying to run off of just a battery or are you plugged into shore power? If you are trying to run off just a battery, like others have said check to make sure the battery is good. Check to make sure connections are clean and have good contact, check the ground and like SAABDOCTOR said check the breaker. If your plugged into shore power and have no 12 volt power you could have a bad converter (had this problem ourselves on our Sprinter). If your plugged in and have no 12 volt or 110 then I would say you might have either a problem at your plug or a wire might of come loose from your power center (have ran into this also).

Once we know more specifics then we can help you better diagnose the problem.