PDA

View Full Version : Hoses

Andymon
09-16-2013, 04:40 PM
How many hoses do you need? I know the white for the fresh water and then one for the grey? Do you need one for the black water? Is 25 feet enough?

thanks!

Festus2
09-16-2013, 05:40 PM
How many hoses do you need? I know the white for the fresh water and then one for the grey? Do you need one for the black water? Is 25 feet enough?

thanks!

Andymon:

I'm not sure I understand the question but many people use one dedicated hose for FW and use another hose when using the black tank flush system. As far as needing a hose for the "grey", I don't follow you on this ???? :confused:

I carry a spare, 25' foot hose to use for FW but never have had to use it.

Woodsrider
09-16-2013, 07:17 PM
I carry two 25ft white (FW) hoses, and a 25ft green hose for the flush hose. I also keep a water thief on hand.

I only carry two white hoses because I need 35ft of hose to reach from the hook up on the trailer when its parked.

CWtheMan
09-16-2013, 07:18 PM
There are still lots of RV parks that have "grey water" parking sites. Whenever we stay at one we use a colored garden hose - blue, green, etc. - to connect to the hose connection on the special sewer cap shown in the reference. We always carry a colored hose for that connection. It's also used when washing the trailer, using canal water and rinsing the black tank..

http://www.sportmann-marine.com/Sewer-Cap-with-Hose-Connection_p_17789.html

CW

BulletOwner1
09-16-2013, 08:55 PM
Usually you would use the white hoses only for fresh water. Another color hose could be used for gray water provided it's permissible to dump gray water on the ground. This gray water hose would transfer that water far enough away from the RV. I've not heard of using another hose to transfer black water. That may be done using a macerator pump but still being dumped into a proper dump site.

CWtheMan
09-16-2013, 09:21 PM
This was the first CG we stayed at that had a grey water section.

http://www.odetah.com/WEG.aspx

CW

campingcpl
09-17-2013, 07:20 AM
We carry several sizes of white fresh water hose. We have a 6' section that I use to fill our holding tank at the filling stations at the state parks and then we have a 25' and a 50'. Most of the time the 25' is plenty but have had a couple of times when we have needed the 50' or even the 50' & 25'. We also carry a 25' grey hose to use for the black tank flush.