PDA

View Full Version : gettin ready for mt winter

kevsha46
09-15-2013, 03:15 PM
bought my 2014 285 rks few months ago for my job I must stay in it 5 days a week I have read a lot of threads on skirting,extra heat and heat tape but im wondering about the windows and anything else I may have to do..with the so called cold mountain package .i will not be hooked up to city water but do have unlimited electric and propane and plan on keeping the fresh water tank full and use the shower and toilet.really enjoy the 5 wheeler and hope to continue doing so warmly.tks

theeyres
09-15-2013, 08:38 PM
As long as you have unlimited propane so you can keep the furnace going full-time you should be OK. Many people get that tin foily insulated stuff and cut to fit windows in the bedroom to help keep it warm. If you install skirting and insulation that will hopefully keep the tanks from freezing. How do you plan to keep the water tank full if water to the tap is frozen? Best advice is to talk to others in the park that are fulltiming and follow their advice.

kevsha46
09-20-2013, 09:38 AM
thanks for the advice/the tap ill be using is inside a heated building so ill only fill tank when needed hopefully this will work