PDA

View Full Version : How did that happen?

ohiocougar
09-15-2013, 12:23 PM
We have never used our freshwater tank since we are at a seasonal site with a water hookup. This morning the bedroom floor was wet by the water pump where the outside water hookup fills the freshwater tank.
The freshwater tank was so full of water that it was all the way up to the hose clamp where the tube hooks up from outside. And was leaking at that connection. How did the water get into the tank? Any idea? I can't figure this out. Thanks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

sjturbo
09-15-2013, 12:47 PM
It almost sounds like a mis-directed plumbing line?

tileman
09-15-2013, 12:52 PM
On our 5th wheel were you hook up the freshwater hose
There's a lever that I can turn to fill up the water tank maybe it got turned on ?
Or maybe half on half off.

ctpd814
09-15-2013, 12:54 PM
There should be a check valve in the pump that keeps water from back feeding into the tank when hooked to the city water connection. This has probably gone bad and allowing water to back feed into the fresh water tank.

BulletOwner1
09-15-2013, 01:20 PM
There should be a check valve in the pump that keeps water from back feeding into the tank when hooked to the city water connection. This has probably gone bad and allowing water to back feed into the fresh water tank.

Yeah, what he said........

Javi
09-15-2013, 02:29 PM

Yeah, what he said........

Or the city water pressure is too high for some reason.

ohiocougar
09-15-2013, 02:47 PM
Thanks for the info. I will look into a bad lever. We have a pressure check valve so I don't think that is it

Javi
09-15-2013, 03:08 PM
Thanks for the info. I will look into a bad lever. We have a pressure check valve so I don't think that is it

If your pressure valve is one of the non adjustable ones without a gage it is entirely possible. They are notorious for over or under pressure after some use.