PDA

View Full Version : electric holding tank valves

rschad
09-12-2013, 11:42 AM
Has anyone replaced their pull type valves with electric ones? Do they work and would you recommend them?

Any info appreciated.

rschad
10-09-2013, 03:12 PM
So almost 200 views and no response. Does this mean no one has used electric valves or they are such a bad idea no one even wants to comment?

DieselMatt
10-09-2013, 03:21 PM
Sorry, no answer, but I'm curious to hear the reviews.

CRUZIN 2
10-09-2013, 05:11 PM
rschad

Is this what your looking for?

http://www.barkermfg.com/autodrain.html

rschad
10-10-2013, 12:01 AM
That is a model I haven't seen before so thanks but what I am trying to find out is whether or not they work well or not? Does anyone use them and what is their experience?

allmi01
10-10-2013, 06:25 AM
I replaced and moved in the process, the drain valves on a 2000 KZ Sportsmen TT I had. In the few months I have them on the trailer, (traded the trailer) they worked well. I used the Barker branded ones as I remember.

Here is the tricky part. If hey fail to actuate for whatever reason (power loss amoung the most reasonable), you need to have access to them to manually open them with a screwdriver (override onthe ones I had used a regualr flat blade screwdriver to turn the manual activation point). While I would love to have them on my currect unit, It woudl be a major pain to get access tothem if they failed. droping the coroplast at a dump station is not my idea of fun.

If your valves are accessable, then I would recomment them.

Mike

rschad
10-10-2013, 07:02 AM
Thanks for the information that is very helpful. I have a Vantage 29rls and the underbelly is completely covered so getting at the valve in case of a failure would be an issue.

Jager
10-10-2013, 10:17 AM
I have never even heard of these before. My black tank valve is buried some place under the coroplast. The cable that Keystone attached to this to operate it manually is poor at best. It is very hard to open or close it. One of the modifications I have on my list to do is to relocate or change this somehow to make it work far better. This is a really interesting idea. I would love to hear from other who might have tried this out. How well do they hold up over time, any leaking issues, etc . . . If they only fail every 10 years I won't really care about them being behind the coroplast.

rschad
10-10-2013, 12:05 PM
I just read the thread on this issue in RV.Net and they weren't positive overall, a couple of people really liked them but many complained of trouble with them closing properly etc.