PDA

View Full Version : tailgater satellite

pinn
09-12-2013, 08:11 AM
I am just checking if the Dish Tailgater would work with Bell in Canada.I know that in the past that Dishnet and Bell use much the same equipment ie: receivers and dishes...Maybe times have changed.

pinn
09-12-2013, 01:19 PM
Lets hear from the techies here...(tx)

greenstuff
11-22-2013, 04:24 PM
Check out the Vucube 2100. It picks up Dish, Direct TV and Bell.

rschad
12-05-2013, 09:48 AM
I live in Saskatchewan and the local rv dealers just sell a portable satellite dish that only works in canada.

I like the dish rv pay as u go and the tailgater dish. What I need to know is can I use it in canada as well as the US.

If not is there any portable dish that I can use with the dish rv pay as u go in both canada and the US. I can't see having to have two satellite dishes and receivers to make it work in both countries.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Jables
12-05-2013, 09:00 PM
I don't know how far north dishnetwork beams in Canada. I know back in the day when pirating was huge, they were starting to 'spot beam'. Which means it only works close to it's intended area. I know bell won't work in the far south. Either way it's actually illegal to watch a us provider in Canada if you're Canadian. Gotta love the crtc Gestapo.

Festus2
12-05-2013, 09:31 PM
Jables-

Friends of ours use Shaw Direct with their RV roof-mounted TV satellite and they can get reception in both the US and Canada. Not sure if having a tail-gate or portable satellite system would make a difference as to whether Shaw Direct would be an option.

In what way is it illegal for Canadians to watch an American provider in Canada? Are you saying that it is illegal for Canadians to watch American television networks such as NBC, CBS and ABC?

Jables
12-09-2013, 09:10 AM
Shaw direct is different than bell & dish network. It is illegal to watch anything in which you are not the intended audience. Us networks are fine provided they come from a legitimate cdn cable or satellite company. What is illegal is stealing signal or using a false us address to subscribe to a company.