PDA

View Full Version : Help with Furnace Ducting

owdeea
09-12-2013, 04:33 AM
Good Morning,
I have a 2008 Keystone Montana 3400RL. We have been cleaning up the Montana and we were checking out the Furnace ducting. I noticed that the ducting has some wear and tear. I need to know where I can get the small ducting. From the look of the hose, we have a 4" and 2 2" hoses. The 4" are easy to come by but the 2" are not. Can I only buy this 2" from Keystone. I called our area Montana dealer and they acted like they did know that the Montana had a 2" Ducting.
Thank you if anyone can help me out.

hankpage
09-12-2013, 06:20 AM
Welcome to the forum ...... You might try a local auto parts store. Older model cars used it in several ways. If not, McMaster Carr (http://www.mcmaster.com/#duct-hose/=oh4jdd) has a few different types. Hope this helps, Hank ..... Their "Bend and stay" seems to be the most reasonable and should work well.

geo
09-13-2013, 04:43 AM
Try Home Depot or Lowe's. When I was working in the Alpine's underbelly, I had to replace some ducting. The 4" insulated is in the heating ducts, and right next to it is the flexible aluminum ducting for dryer, etc.

Ron

owdeea
09-13-2013, 04:58 AM
Thank both of you for the information. We are tying to get the heat fixed before the weather starts getting too cold. We have had a mouse problem and have been cleaning everything up and need to replace those 2" inch lines. This ended up being a bigger problem then what I thought it was going to be.
If the Auto Store does not have them, I will check Home Depot and/or Lowe's.
Thank you again.

gammb
04-25-2014, 07:18 AM
While repairing one problem, found another in our 2005 Raptor RP3311. The 4" flex-duct for the MBR furnace grills has a large hole right where it goes into the cavaty beneath the stairs.
I removed the four screws for the forward panel of the "stairs-box" in the basement, but the panel is still connected to something.

I presume that panel must be removed to get to both ends of the flexi-duct so it can be replaced, but secret for removing that panel evades me.
Thanks for any help.