PDA

View Full Version : Toilet Issues & DVD Issues

chad handley
09-10-2013, 07:38 PM
Hi, we have a 2011 Keystone Sprinter and when you flush the toilet it doesn't hold water in the tank. Is this normal? My brother also has an RV and his toilet flushes like a normal toilet and the bowl holds water. We usually go on weekends to our camper and when we return we have a horrible odor as well as little bugs in the toilet area. Does anyone have any solutions?

Also, my daughter likes to watch DVD's and the movie will continue to play however the sound stops completely. We have to turn it off and then on again for it to come back on...What should we do?

theeyres
09-10-2013, 07:44 PM
Gotta admit, I couldn't skip a title that includes toilets and DVD's! Can't comment on the DVD issue but the toilet should definitely hold water--otherwise it is going to smell. The culprit is usually the seal. Turn the water off, open the valve and clean the seal on both edges really well with something like Softscrub and then coat it all with some oil. There's something around the seal keeping it from sealing.

GaryWT
09-11-2013, 06:13 AM
Sometimes the foot pedal does not come up to complete the seal so you have to lift it after each flush to make the seal, it is a pain and a good cleaning might be needed. I am guess you are talking about the toilet bowl itself and not the holding tank. As for the dvd, you should probably not watch from the toilet lol.

Is the issue with the dvd player all dvd's? If it is only one or two they might need to be cleaned or they are scratched, if it is all, you may need to replace the dvd player.

chad handley
09-11-2013, 05:48 PM
I will try this, thank you. Is there a particular type of oil you recommend?

JRTJH
09-11-2013, 06:18 PM
I will try this, thank you. Is there a particular type of oil you recommend?

Olive oil, extra virgin, first press or second press, any will do....

Honest !!!!! :)

billb800si
09-12-2013, 06:14 PM
Don't feel bad- there's plenty of complaints on various RV forums about toilets not holding water. It seems to be prevalent the past few years. I guess some one changed the formula of what they make those round rubber seals out of.
In fact my rig in in for service for exactly that problem. Second time since we bought it in May.
Happy trails,

Pappydude
09-15-2013, 11:10 AM
I've used lemon Pledge to "lubricate" the seal. Seems to work well, doesn't take much and leaves a pleasant smell for a day or two.

Justvisiting2day
10-15-2013, 12:03 PM
Blessed wife cleans all dvds with window cleaner, before they go in the player. Just spray the dvd and wash it off and dry it well. Re try it. Shouuld work Ok. Luck on the "other" deal!"bouncey: