PDA

View Full Version : Truck Systems Technology TPMS works great?

ToyTLH
09-10-2013, 09:48 AM
I purchased a 2012 Raptor 300MP last fall and have used it alot. Of course it still had the stock Towmax tires on. I've always pulled some kind of trailer but nothing this big and long. It has just two 7000 lb axles, so just four tires. I would prefer 6 tires to spread the load per tire.

I purchased a Truck Systems Technology TPMS, the 507 system with 4 flow through sensors for $259.

Easy to setup and works great. I was having problems with picking up one sensor signal. It was the passenger side rear most tire and I think it's signal's line of sight was being more obstructed by the stove, fridge, water heater, ect.

So I also purchased their repeater for $59. Now all four sensor signals register fine.

Anyways, if it starts to beep, pull over. The first time was a puncture, but it was too big to plug so we changed it and replaced it with the spare Towmax. My new tire is a Maxxis M8008 ST Radial - Part # TL30141000 Size 235/80R16 10 ply.

My last weekend trip the alarm went off, pulled over, and a different Towmax was coming apart at the side wall and the air was diffusing out.

Without this system, I would be afraid you would have a tire problem and drive to long and then it shreds and does damage to the fender well area. Plus, if you are driving with a flat or low tire, the other tire is now carrying more load. One more reason I feel 6 tires are better than 4 except the cost of getting a whole new set of tires. Plus, they look cooler - oh my!

The TPMS system is the best investment that I made. My 2013 Chevy Duramax has its own monitor system.

Hope this helps people who are on the fence on whether to spend the money.

audio1der
09-10-2013, 10:14 AM
Thanks for your thoughts; my pass rear tire also has a tough time registering on the monitor unit up front. Guess I'll add the repeater for next season.
I'll also add to what you said, the peace of mind and not having to watch mirrors to know if there is an issue with the tires is priceless. A TPMS system should be factory equipment on RVs.

EricLynnAllison
09-10-2013, 02:05 PM
I agree. I damaged my last trailer because of a flat I didn't know about. With the TPMS, I had 3 towmax flats that I caught right away. Changed to Firestone truck tires.

Bigsky3625
09-10-2013, 07:12 PM
Get rid of those crap tires! Do yourself a favor and upgrade to good tires. That is a big trailer. Look at going to 17.5" wheels and a GY g114 tires.

audio1der
09-10-2013, 07:33 PM
I agree. I damaged my last trailer because of a flat I didn't know about. With the TPMS, I had 3 towmax flats that I caught right away. Changed to Firestone truck tires.

Is that the Transforce tires you're referring to??