PDA

View Full Version : Confused in iowa

JOHN & LORI D.
09-06-2010, 11:36 AM
Hello all....we just purchased our first fifth wheel..taking delivery on the 15th. Of sept. After years of pulling a travel trailer we decided to give a fifth wheel a try....but we know nothing about the fine points of the hitch and pin box. We have a 2009 dodge 2500hd with cummins ,,,short bed quad cab automatic. Our fifth wheel is a new leftover 2009 keystone challenger 34saq with a hitch weight of 2040 and shipping weight of 11,770. Dealer suggested a curt 16k slider. I have been reading about mor/ryde,,,trail air and fifth airborne (specifically the sidewinder) which would do away with the need for a slider hitch as i understand it. Any thoughts,,,,suggestions,,,,or just plain help would be appreciated as i need to get the correct hardware ordered this week. I am assuming that with one of these hitch pin devices that towing would be much smoother..???..thanks in advance.....john & lori d.

Festus2
09-06-2010, 01:23 PM
Hello and welcome to the forum. If you look in the "Towing and Tow Vehicles" section of the forum, you will find several posts about 5th wheel hitches. A search of hitches or 5th wheel hitches will probably give you some hits.

JOHN & LORI D.
09-06-2010, 06:27 PM
Thanks festus 2,,,,,,we will go check it out