PDA

View Full Version : Trailer Jack advice

bpetroni
09-06-2013, 07:47 PM
I want upgrade from a manual crank to a electric tongue jack. I know I need to get a jack the meets or exceeds my tongue weight (about 700 lbs) and has the proper lifting height. Question is are there any other factors I need to consider when making my choice?

Thank You

Javi
09-07-2013, 05:32 AM
There are two different sized shafts and corresponding mounting hole in tongue, you need to check before buying. Also never consider a jack of less than 3K lifting capacity as you will be lifting both the tongue weight and the rear of the TV when hitching.

bpetroni
09-07-2013, 07:06 AM
There are two different sized shafts and corresponding mounting hole in tongue, you need to check before buying. Also never consider a jack of less than 3K lifting capacity as you will be lifting both the tongue weight and the rear of the TV when hitching.

Thank you very much for the advice...

GMcKenzie
09-11-2013, 10:03 AM

But you will love how much easier it makes hitching up. I just run the electric as high as it goes before putting on my bars. Much easier than trying to crank it up.