PDA

View Full Version : Battery Disconnect Switch

20 Questions
09-06-2013, 11:30 AM
Is there a battery disconnect switch in a 2006 Springdale and if so where is it located?

Festus2
09-06-2013, 11:37 AM
I don't believe that Keystone installed battery disconnect switches on their earlier models such as the Springdale you have. Hopefully a member who has one or a similar model and year will chime in and give you a more accurate answer.

JRTJH
09-06-2013, 01:23 PM
There was not one in the 2011 Springdale fifth wheels. My guess is that's one of the things they left out to keep the price low. I bought mine from Tractor Supply (I think) and put it in a gray plastic utility box/cover from Lowes. Total cost was about $10 for all the components. You'll need to buy one 6 gage battery cable. How long depends on where you mount the switch. If you mount it in the lid of the battery box, you could get by with a 12" cable. :)

nwfla
09-15-2013, 07:10 PM
on my bullet,
I mounted it to the side of my battery box. Only needed a short cable. Worked out great.

audio1der
09-17-2013, 05:45 AM
I mounted a $6 disconnect switch from Princess Auto to the top of the battery box lid, and a 12" cable worked great as the extra cable required.

Andymon
09-17-2013, 04:33 PM
None on mine. I just remove the fuse from the battery to the jack and it cuts power to everything....at least it appears to.

trk3263
11-02-2013, 12:35 PM
on my bullet,
I mounted it to the side of my battery box. Only needed a short cable. Worked out great.

I have a cut off switch just need some help on where to wire it in. My bullet has a Bargman 7 way breaker mount just behind the batteries. I am not sure if I should wire the cut off before or after the 7 way breaker?

Is that Breaker system for the exterior tail lights and stuff? Or do I just put it on and make sure I am turning on the kill switch prior to moving the trailer?

Thanks for the help I did a search but didn't come up with anything.

Bob Landry
11-03-2013, 06:23 AM
I have a cut off switch just need some help on where to wire it in. My bullet has a Bargman 7 way breaker mount just behind the batteries. I am not sure if I should wire the cut off before or after the 7 way breaker?

Is that Breaker system for the exterior tail lights and stuff? Or do I just put it on and make sure I am turning on the kill switch prior to moving the trailer?

Thanks for the help I did a search but didn't come up with anything.

Leave the cable to the 7-way alone. You're asking for problems if you start cutting into that and there is no reason to. It supplies power for the trailer lights and electric brakes and charges the battery when the TV engine is running. Insert the switch in the hot wire coming off the battery and attach it to the tongue in close proximity to the battery box where you can get to it easily. Battery switch posts always generate an argument as to whether it should be put in the hot or the ground side, and I'm not going to get into that. The trailer manufacturers and the OEM boat builders put them on the hot side and so do I.
The breakaway switch will remain attached directly to the "+" terminal as will the electric tongue jack, if you have one.