PDA

View Full Version : suspension advice

concours
09-05-2013, 04:49 PM
We have a 2013 Cougar 331MKS that has Dexter 5200lb axles and a MOR/ride 3000 equaliser. Before the next towing season I want to replace the plastic bushings with bronze bushings and wet bolts my question is should I replace the MOR/ride with the Dexter Equaflex kit or just replace the bushings bolts and shackles?

therink
09-05-2013, 07:35 PM
I am considering doing the same so I will wait for opinions as well.

WaltBennett
09-06-2013, 08:37 AM
I've a Mor/ryde LRE system on our '10 Montana and will be putting on the Mor/ryde wet bolt kit after our last outing later this month. I thought about replacing the LRE system with a newer one, but think I'll wait until the rubber blocks crack (whenever that might be) as the bracket is quite different. While the LRE is better than what used to be available, from all I've seen, any of the current available systems would be an improvement. How much better one is from another IMHO should be driven by how much they cost including installation.

RdRmr
09-06-2013, 11:44 AM
Concours,
The Equaflex system is made by Lippert, Dexters' system is the E-Z Flex. I replaced my Equaflex system with the E-Z flex from Dexter with wet bolts two years ago. Have heard nothing bad about the Mor/ryde system, if it is working properly other than the bushings, why change it? I changed mine because they (Equaflex) cracked after thirteen months. Received no help from Lippert, out of warranty. Dexters' E-Z flex system has had no issues so far. Best of luck with whatever you decide.
Happy Campin