PDA

View Full Version : Spare Tire Issue - Bent on Trailer During Trip

chris199
09-05-2013, 04:35 PM
Anyone run into this?

Our spare tire on our Cougar 29REV is now tilted back at the top a you look at the rear of the trailer. The bar that was holding the tire in place is now bent in a V shape as if the spare hammered the bar into that shape.

Can't adjust it back to a 90 degree angle to the ground for some reason.

Anyone have a pic of what their spare tire looks like on the back of their trailer for comparison.

Festus2
09-05-2013, 04:44 PM
Chris -

While I don't have a photo, our spare tire is at 90 deg (+/-) to the road/ground. The bottom of your spare tire must have caught on something and the top was pulled towards the back of your RV OR you backed into something hitting the top of your spare bending it inwards.

Can't imagine you doing something like that though.

Robby9
09-05-2013, 07:34 PM
I did the same thing on my first trip out with the new cougar 31sqb. There was a steep ramp coming out of a gas station and I drug the rear tire. At the next gas station I discovered the bent tire hold down and that I'd lost my spiffy Keystone tire cover.

I took that 'V' shaped piece of metal, laid it on the pavement and beat with a hammer until it was reasonably flat. It's dinged up now, but works just fine and nobody sees it under the new generic spare tire cover.

Also, I'm a little more careful about steep driveways.