PDA

View Full Version : No Sound from Television

BusterDave
09-05-2013, 09:38 AM
Agreed! I'm sure there will be a few other items I'll need to figure out... One of which is the TV (as in Television, not Tow Vehicle). Never had a TV in our trailer before and I must admit as I grow older, my level of desired comfort has increased! Gone are the day's of tent camping, and though we loved our Popup trailer, it limited the camping we coudl do based on weather. Now with the TT, we see camping much later and earlier in the year. Anyway, back to the TV, so far it's been used for the kids to settle down a couple nights with a night time movie. But i can't seem to figure out how to use the speakers on the TV itself, assuming it has them. I see vents below the screen and assume there are speakers behind them. Would be nice to use the TV speakers instead of the roof speakers when facing the bed side so that the volume is not so loud throughout the trailer.

Any chance you know what i'm missing on getting the TV to speak? I've tried the A, B and C buttons on the Radio/DVD and that just gives me Inside, Outside and Nothing, respectively. TV remote allows the volume to be increased on the TV, but nothing comes out..

Thanks,
Dave

wms
09-05-2013, 10:00 AM
Make sure your audio cables are hooked into the TV and to the audio/video center. On our 2014 2650BH "A" is inside speakers, "B" is TV speakers, and "C" is for the outside speakers. Our audio/video unit is an iRV and comes with very little documentation and directions. We had the same issue trying to figure that one out!

Good luck and happy camping!

Willa

Kristi
09-05-2013, 10:44 AM
Agreed! I'm sure there will be a few other items I'll need to figure out... One of which is the TV (as in Television, not Tow Vehicle). Never had a TV in our trailer before and I must admit as I grow older, my level of desired comfort has increased! Gone are the day's of tent camping, and though we loved our Popup trailer, it limited the camping we coudl do based on weather. Now with the TT, we see camping much later and earlier in the year. Anyway, back to the TV, so far it's been used for the kids to settle down a couple nights with a night time movie. But i can't seem to figure out how to use the speakers on the TV itself, assuming it has them. I see vents below the screen and assume there are speakers behind them. Would be nice to use the TV speakers instead of the roof speakers when facing the bed side so that the volume is not so loud throughout the trailer.

Any chance you know what i'm missing on getting the TV to speak? I've tried the A, B and C buttons on the Radio/DVD and that just gives me Inside, Outside and Nothing, respectively. TV remote allows the volume to be increased on the TV, but nothing comes out..

Thanks,
Dave

If I remember correctly.. (sometimes that's a big IF) We can watch Television with the TV speakers, but movies go through the surround sound. Once again, I have to see it to remember how to work it, sorry.

GaryWT
09-05-2013, 11:41 AM
In mine, the tv speakers work if watching a channel but the movie plays through the stereo speakers. The stereo cannot have sound output other than throug the speakers. Some people add speakers to the bed room, I bought a dvd player and connected directly to the tv so the sound comes from the tv.

BusterDave
09-05-2013, 12:40 PM
Thanks all! I'll see if there is anyway to output to TV. Otherwise I may add speakers under C button the face into the bedroom.