PDA

View Full Version : Tank levers keep breaking off

Chippewa93
09-03-2013, 12:24 PM
I have a 2011 Passport and keep snapping off the aluminum black and grey tank pull levers. I believe I'm pulling straight down. The replacements I keep buying seem extremely long. Any suggestions ?

hankpage
09-03-2013, 12:30 PM
I don't know about your Passport but on my Cougar the handles pull almost straight out towards you and not down. :confused:

08quadram
09-03-2013, 12:32 PM
Not sure on yours, but my valves are mounted with the pulls 30 degree down from level. I am assuming you are pulling in the same direction as the rod sits. Mine are long, but they extend up above the plastic liner panel on the bottom. I did manage to break off part of the plastic handle the 2nd time I used it. cheap plastic

Festus2
09-03-2013, 03:38 PM
I don't know about your Passport but on my Cougar the handles pull almost straight out towards you and not down. :confused:

Mine are exactly the same as Hanks. I pull outwards. However, I have had an occasion when (a) the black, plastic handle broke, and (b) the threaded aluminum rod became unthreaded and I ended up with the rod and handle in my hand. After applying a touch of Loktite to the threads, all was well.