PDA

View Full Version : 2013 Montana Mountaineer 295RKD

On_THE_ROAD_AGAIN
09-01-2013, 09:01 AM
First some history..We used to have a older Tent trailer, then we moved to a older TT . For 5 years or more we have just slept in cabins with the dream of buying a new trailer with all of our wants or needs. After three years of searching, we finally found the one we really like.
2013 Montana Mountaineer 295RKD
Now we are super pumped and trying to learn lots..This is our first 5th wheel so we have tons to learn

danimal
09-01-2013, 10:17 AM
Congratulations! We moved from a TT to a 5th wheel and never looked back. Our travel trailer was very enjoyable but for me and the wife, the 5th wheel works so much better. For us, it is easier to hitch, much better towing, more efficient and effective use of space in the same length, and it gave me a solid reason to buy another truck (win-win-win)! Overall trailer length was our limiting factor as we have a small yard for storage.

This is a great site with alot of very helpful people who have information, insights and hints from real world, hands on experience. Most are not just guessing. Sounds like you have some solid experience so you will not have any problems.

Have fun in your new trailer and safe in your travels. Getting to where your going is part of the traveling adventure.

On_THE_ROAD_AGAIN
09-01-2013, 10:26 AM
Thanks for the welcome. I have tons of questions I will be reading about. I am interested in what is the best way to use the lower storage area. Upfront ad main compartment. Trying to get idea's on how to carry hose's, electrical cords, etc

dvn/ajn
09-07-2013, 04:41 PM
Congats on the new 5r. We have the same unit which we got about 1.5 months ago. We are still working with it. Do a search for my posts were I have discussed a few items we have done. Good luck with the new rig and enjoy.
Don:wlcm:

PS
We put our hoses in a r'maid or sterilite container and store in the basement on the driver side . NeWe put our cord in the little storage box on the back right side above the water heater.

Festus2
09-07-2013, 04:49 PM
On the road again ---
When you have a question to ask, just find the most appropriate category and post your query there. Welcome to the group - we're here to help you out.

Isn't your handle the title of TV program and song that appeared on CBC television?

mom2budnbug
09-07-2013, 08:39 PM
:wlcm: We just got out first TT. I keep hearing that we will someday have a 5er. Seems to be the norm for most.

JRTJH
09-08-2013, 04:41 AM
On the road again ---
When you have a question to ask, just find the most appropriate category and post your query there. Welcome to the group - we're here to help you out.

Isn't your handle the title of TV program and song that appeared on CBC television?

YUP, Willie Nelson, Songwriter "extraordinaire" and purveyor of "Willie's Bio-diesel" :D

R JOURNY
09-08-2013, 10:02 AM
First some history..We used to have a older Tent trailer, then we moved to a older TT . For 5 years or more we have just slept in cabins with the dream of buying a new trailer with all of our wants or needs. After three years of searching, we finally found the one we really like.
2013 Montana Mountaineer 295RKD
Now we are super pumped and trying to learn lots..This is our first 5th wheel so we have tons to learn

This sounds just like my wife and I, except for the cabins.
But we are getting the 2013 Montana Mountaineer 295RKD!

On_THE_ROAD_AGAIN
09-22-2013, 07:58 PM
Congats on the new 5r. We have the same unit which we got about 1.5 months ago. We are still working with it. Do a search for my posts were I have discussed a few items we have done. Good luck with the new rig and enjoy.
Don:wlcm:

PS
We put our hoses in a r'maid or sterilite container and store in the basement on the driver side . NeWe put our cord in the little storage box on the back right side above the water heater.

That is a great idea to store things.. I was wondering what I was going to put in that back little cubby hole..thanks

On_THE_ROAD_AGAIN
09-22-2013, 07:59 PM
Yes it was a show on tv and a song..guess my age is showing hahaha

mcandsim
09-24-2013, 11:39 AM
congrats on yor new purchase