PDA

View Full Version : Slide maintenance

rayjoanlough
08-29-2013, 04:28 PM
We have an 08 fifth wheel Cougar 278RKS with 1 slide out. Trying to do due diligence I read my owner's manual for lubing the slide rails. No luck! It has a Lippert system. I think I've heard I should use a dry lube but before I get down and dirty I would appreciate some input.
Anyone?

Festus2
08-29-2013, 05:51 PM
We have the exact same year and model which we purchased new in '08. Since we have had it, I've used dry lube spray on the slide rails and have not had any issues with the mechanism. I apply it when the slide is out as well as in -- spraying the rollers and cogs.

JoePK
08-29-2013, 06:49 PM
Hello, I use Liquid Wrench dry lube on my slide outs: http://www.walmart.com/ip/Liquid-Wrench-RV-Dry-Lubricant/16816128 . I apply it every few months to the gears and tracks. It works well and keeps things clean.

rayjoanlough
08-29-2013, 07:35 PM
Mista Festus thanks for your input. I was hoping you would have an answer for me. We're going to Nehalem Bay State Park in a week and I should be able to get this done. Hope the crabs are "biting".

Festus2
08-29-2013, 07:47 PM
Mmmmmm -- a good feed of crabs. Can't beat that! I used to go crabbing but developed an allergy to not only crabs but also prawns, shrimp and a few other shellfish. I hope you pull up traps full of keepers!

Ken / Claudia
08-29-2013, 10:05 PM
Spend last 4 days crabbbing/fishing Columbia river Astoria/ Chinnook area. Crabbing was no joy,they were two soft and not enough yet. Salmon was very good. Enjoy your trip.