PDA

View Full Version : New Passport Refrigerator won't switch to gas...

mcbarbee
08-27-2013, 12:16 PM
We have a new 2013 Keystone Passport. The refrigerator works fine on electric but will not switch to gas when we are on the road. It goes to switch. You can hear a little noise and then just flashes "check". I read the instructions that say you must shut it off and restart it several times and have done this at least 25 times each time we need it. The propane is on at the cylinders. Even the cooktop right next to the refrigerator lights but the refrigerator won't go on. Is there anything else you can think of I can try before I take it back to the dealer? In the mean time, I have been using the electric the night before to cool fridge down and load up the fridge with blue ice until we make it to our destination. We haven't gone further then a couple of hours to a campground yet so it's been okay.

Another dum question please. What exactly is the "flame" switch for in the control panel? Is that for the gas? The lightning bolt is for the hot water heater. Is that correct?
Thanks, Barbara

Javi
08-27-2013, 12:22 PM
We have a new 2013 Keystone Passport. The refrigerator works fine on electric but will not switch to gas when we are on the road. It goes to switch. You can hear a little noise and then just flashes "check". I read the instructions that say you must shut it off and restart it several times and have done this at least 25 times each time we need it. The propane is on at the cylinders. Even the cooktop right next to the refrigerator lights but the refrigerator won't go on. Is there anything else you can think of I can try before I take it back to the dealer? In the mean time, I have been using the electric the night before to cool fridge down and load up the fridge with blue ice until we make it to our destination. We haven't gone further then a couple of hours to a campground yet so it's been okay.

Another dum question please. What exactly is the "flame" switch for in the control panel? Is that for the gas? The lightning bolt is for the hot water heater. Is that correct?
Thanks, Barbara
The flame right next to the lightning bolt is for gas to the hot water.

mcbarbee
08-27-2013, 12:31 PM
So both switches are for the hot water heater; one for electric and one for gas?

They are always both on and I have hot water so I guess they would just automatically switch to whatever source of energy is available? Should I be shutting off these switches when not using camper?

Sorry, I'm a newbie (as you can tell).

Thanks for your help.
Barbara

Huskerdude
08-27-2013, 02:09 PM
Had the same problem with our Premier, motherboard was bad , warranty covered it !!!

crash
08-28-2013, 03:30 AM
Ours was the overload limiter temp switch and was covered by warranty

Javi
08-28-2013, 03:57 AM
So both switches are for the hot water heater; one for electric and one for gas?

They are always both on and I have hot water so I guess they would just automatically switch to whatever source of energy is available? Should I be shutting off these switches when not using camper?

Sorry, I'm a newbie (as you can tell).

Thanks for your help.
Barbara
I generally keep both off until I get setup at the campsite and then use the gas to get hot water fast. After it is hot I turn off the gas and use the electric to keep it hot. Normally I don't turn the gas switch back on unless the DW is taking a shower. Turning the gas on will help with the recovery rate so she has hot water longer.

I always turn both off before leaving the campsite because it is so easy to forget later and hook up to electric with no water in the tank, burning out the heating element.