PDA

View Full Version : Keystone's response to vacuum/check valve issue

E597283
08-27-2013, 11:03 AM
I have read several topics on black tank flush issues since I bought my passport 2910bh. Most if not all ended up being a defected vacuum/check val. I tried this feature twice when I first purchased TT and both times it flooded by TT. I went back to the old method of cleaning out tank. However when I recently brought TT to dealership (not dealership of purchase) I had them look at and eventually fixed this valve. I emailed Keystone who basically said it was after warranty and I should have had it fixed within warranty period. They are probably right but seeing this must be a well known problem I thought for customer service sake they may make exception. Well Michelle Miller I guess felt differently. I guess saving $75 or so is better than negative publicity.

BeaverRZR
08-27-2013, 11:19 AM
So you admit that you knew it was faulty from the start, waited until it was out of warranty, tried to have it covered and was denied.
Now you are bent at Keystone?

They offer a year warranty for a reason.
I would have to say your frustrations are misguided :)

JRTJH
08-28-2013, 09:15 AM
I have read several topics on black tank flush issues since I bought my passport 2910bh. ...I guess saving $75 or so is better than negative publicity.

Let's assume that Keystone produces 10,000 RV's a year (probably a low guess) and that only half of them require a replacement black tank flush anti-siphon valve after 2 years of use (one year out of warranty). Using your estimate of "saving $75 vs negative publicity", in 5 years Keystone would spend almost two million dollars repairing antisiphon valves out of warranty. That's not an "insignificant expenditure of company profits. As stated, if you knew it was defective and failed to notify the dealership and Keystone during the warranty period, it's not their "negative publicity" issue but your "failure to notify" issue. Sorry, but next time you buy an RV, it may help to remember the date of purchase and the date of warranty expiration.