PDA

View Full Version : Labor day

crash
08-26-2013, 06:31 AM
If anyone is heading out for the labor day week end for camping stay safe out there.We will be stuck at home this Labor day week end due to Turbo problems :banghead:,so it looks like Redneck camping in the yard for us:D

dandjh1958
08-26-2013, 07:33 AM
We rarely go camping on the major holidays- we wait and go the following weekend and it is MUCH more relaxing! Some of the parks around here in Oregon start to close (or go to the "discovery" season) mid September. LOVE IT!!
Fall camping is the best!!

Happy Camping!!

Essness
08-27-2013, 03:20 AM
Crash, sorry to hear you are down and out. We actually enjoy driveway camping with the neighbors.
We are scheduled for the week after about 150 miles from here. Some friends invited us to their private"utopia'", (they have about 10 acres about 12 miles from our next location) for the long weekend. So, we head out Saturday morning to spend the weekend with them and then check in at the next place Monday afternoon to spend the week.
Both locations are along the same network of ATV trails"bouncey:

byrdr1
08-27-2013, 04:23 AM
Crash,
we are staying at the house too. I do plan a little driveway camping. Time to get the camper ready for the next 3 trips coming up.
I am off for 4 days the wife only 3 and we just want to chill around the house to do some pre-fall/winter house chores.
randy

Kristi
08-27-2013, 05:16 AM
Just looked at the weather forecast... 103F on sat. Blah. Looks like we are staying home as well. Next long weekend for us will be in Oct... much better camping weather! "bouncey: Then time to drag it down to the hunting lease till Jan. Hope everyone heading out to the campgrounds has a great weekend & better weather!

crash
08-27-2013, 06:20 AM
Yeah our next long trip is the week of Halloween in Hatteras KOA,Looks like I will fire the smoker up and cook acouple Boston Butts and acouple of Beer can chickens and have the neighbors over and have a bon fire seeing how its getting alittle chilly in the evenings(50ish):party::bdance::party::dizzy:

Essness
08-27-2013, 07:10 AM
Yeah our next long trip is the week of Halloween in Hatteras KOA,Looks like I will fire the smoker up and cook acouple Boston Butts and acouple of Beer can chickens and have the neighbors over and have a bon fire seeing how its getting alittle chilly in the evenings(50ish):party::bdance::party::dizzy:

We're sending some heat and 70+ humidity your way for the weekend.........

Albert
08-27-2013, 07:48 AM
We leave the day after Labor Day for two weeks along the Oregon Coast. Jet Boat ride up the Rogue River, Oregon Caves, salmon fishing, crabbing, and a few hikes planned. Maybe also get in a few rounds of golf in Bandon.

GaryWT
08-27-2013, 08:38 AM
We generally like to get out Labor Day but friends daughter is getting married Sat night so we will be there. We do have plans for the following 8 weekends, 7 of those being camping trips so it will be a busy fall for us.

UsTwo
08-27-2013, 10:33 AM
Oh yea,, We will head out to Mark Twain Lake, near Hannibal Mo.. this labor day weekiend.. for the 28th gathering of Buses No Where Near the Arch.. An All VW weekend.. The wife's brother hosts this event every year..If you are a VW person.. This is the place to be.... By the time Sunday rolls around i am about VW'ed out...Come on out and join the fun at BNNTA.

Kristi
08-27-2013, 10:33 AM

Oh how I miss Eastern NC weather! Have a great weekend!

suza
08-27-2013, 12:52 PM
We rarely go camping on the major holidays- we wait and go the following weekend and it is MUCH more relaxing! Some of the parks around here in Oregon start to close (or go to the "discovery" season) mid September. LOVE IT!!
Fall camping is the best!!

Happy Camping!!

We are taking off on a two week trip the day after Labor Day. DH's cousin and his wife are meeting us, coming down from Vancouver, WA. We will be camping at Timothy Lake, Foster Lake, Clackamas River and Silver Falls, all in Oregon. Hope the weather is as good as it has been this past month.

It is nearly impossible to find vacancies at the parks during the summer, and especially on major holidays. I just wish Oregon's camping season was longer. Being retired and not having to get the kids back to school allows us to camp when things are less crowded.

Wishing everyone safe holiday trips.

SAD
08-27-2013, 03:57 PM
Just looked at the weather forecast... 103F on sat. Blah. Looks like we are staying home as well. Next long weekend for us will be in Oct... much better camping weather! "bouncey: Then time to drag it down to the hunting lease till Jan. Hope everyone heading out to the campgrounds has a great weekend & better weather!

Well be at skiatook. Twin points. "bouncey:

LZScout
08-27-2013, 04:07 PM
We're heading for Beaver Creek Valley State Park in MN beginning Labor Day and staying the rest of the week.

Sent from my iPhone using TapaTalk

tileman
08-27-2013, 04:11 PM
Hope you guys all have a safe and fun trips.

Me and my guys have to work sat /sun / mon at a school to remodel the rest room floors :( its the only time they can be shut down for 3 days and they want to do it now. And I hate to turn down work.

Have fun and be safe.

Kristi
08-28-2013, 06:09 AM
Well be at skiatook. Twin points. "bouncey:

We've never been, but have heard Skiatook is really pretty. We were going to Arbuckle. Have a great weekend!

chris199
08-28-2013, 09:17 AM
We are off to Bar Harbor Maine Friday night. Our daughter is flying into Portland and we pick her up Sat afternoon. To the CG Sat. Will be there 9 days..leaving Monday 9/9. In-laws are joining us for 4 days...they will be in a motel. We love doing things with them so it will be a good time.

Was planning to go last year but put it off a year. Can't wait. Staying at KOA Oceanside...right on the water.

Carriage trails....Acadia NP......should be fun. Hoping the weather is good there.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

suza
08-30-2013, 05:56 PM
Just returned from our Pre-Labor Day camping trip. Had one day of off and on rain showers, but it was warm. We stayed at a nearby USFS campground. Checked in Wednesday and out Friday. Check out/check in were at 2:00. At noon (Today) people were lining up for their reserved spots :( The campers who were waiting for our spot were very patient - they just pulled over into a neighboring site until we pulled out. We were up and going at 1:30 and home by 3:30, after a couple of stops. By the time we turned off the highway for our house the RV traffic was getting pretty bad.

Good to be home and not out with the crowds. We take off again, on Tuesday, for a 10 day excursion. I checked the weather forecast and it looks great, so far.

JRTJH
08-30-2013, 06:37 PM
This is the "official end" of the camping season in northern Michigan, so the campgrounds will all be full (as will rental cabins, oil well clearings, etc. The locals mostly either leave town or hunker down while those from the city come up and get out their last burst of energetic frustration. When they start leaving Monday around noon, many of us will beathe a sigh of relief and start venturing away from home again.

Honestly, the month of September is some of the best camping weather in this area, it's just that there's no "long weekend" for most people after this one.

So, we're staying close to home and Monday or Tuesday will head to town to buy supplies for our pending 3 or 4 week trip to Louisiana/Mississippi. Then it's home, bow season, followed by gun season followed by more bow season followed by (HOPEFULLY) a month or two in south Texas or Florida. I want to go to NAS Key West, but that's a long trip with no hookups at the end..... Who knows, we'll go "somewhere" LOL

PaulDeb2
08-30-2013, 08:02 PM
We've been in myrtle beach this week. Boy, the campers started rolling in today. Getting crowded...but still having fun!

Lost
08-31-2013, 04:17 AM
Like JRTJH stated: this weekend is the last big camping weekend for most here in Michigan. When we go back up to our campground this next week 95% of the campers will be gone until next Memorial weekend in 2014. Sept is great camping here in Michigan with no crowds, the trees will be changing color soon and well be making plans for next years camping.

suza
08-31-2013, 07:24 AM
Like JRTJH stated: this weekend is the last big camping weekend for most here in Michigan. When we go back up to our campground this next week 95% of the campers will be gone until next Memorial weekend in 2014. Sept is great camping here in Michigan with no crowds, the trees will be changing color soon and well be making plans for next years camping.

Same goes for Oregon. We came home the Friday before Labor Day weekend when campers were on the move. Will take off again Tuesday after Labor Day for a two week trip in Northern Oregon. Looks like good weather. Sept is the best camping in Oregon . . . . less likely to rain and still warm in the higher elevations.

Wishing everyone safe travels :cool:

Dhuhn
08-31-2013, 07:49 AM
Where staying home this weekend, we may go to the Evergreen State fair on sun in Monroe WA. then where going camping the following weekend. I have 3 day weekends with my job all the time so we can do quite a few camping trips. which is nice. Everyone traveling be safe and have fun this weekend!!!:thewave:

nwfla
08-31-2013, 06:54 PM
We are at pensacola beach rv resort. Very nice facility. Not cheap but first rate.
The fishing has been decent.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Bubba777
08-31-2013, 07:00 PM
If anyone is heading out for the labor day week end for camping stay safe out there.We will be stuck at home this Labor day week end due to Turbo problems :banghead:,so it looks like Redneck camping in the yard for us:D

We are to my wife took a radiation pill so me and my two girls are roughing it in the back yard.

Essness
09-02-2013, 04:53 AM
Life is good:)

http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_94130_0_2ddd1ac65bbc0b42c77dfdf4032a0316.jpg

SAD
09-02-2013, 05:18 AM
Life is good:)

http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_94133_0_2ddd1ac65bbc0b42c77dfdf4032a0316.jpg

Like button!

crash
09-04-2013, 02:28 AM
I want to see how you load all of them in that trailer:DJust kidding.

Essness
09-04-2013, 03:54 AM
I want to see how you load all of them in that trailer:DJust kidding.

Yep, that would be a problem, but we had some other trailers.......

http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_94551_0_61537c1b25477da481e4db8faba89843.jpg

http://www.keystoneforums.com/attachments/photobucket/img_94551_1_a2e317d609ba99a0d0fea0a4be391c00.jpg

I dont think my 9 foot garage would have handled it:D

crash
09-04-2013, 04:49 AM
Looks like a great time right there:D

Essness
09-04-2013, 04:57 AM
That it was. Again I have to say sorry you couldnt get out for the weekend Crash. We would have been driveway camping if the friend of ours had not been so gracious to invite us to their property.
We ran over 130 miles through the course of the weekend with all the quads. Our cart tops out about 42-43 mph, so we held them up a little bit but overall, not bad:D