PDA

View Full Version : Battery box

erjs05
08-25-2013, 06:32 AM
The battery box on our Passport is secured only with a strap around it and not secured to the frame. Is this a concern and do most of you screw down the battery box or just use the strap? In my old pop up the battery box was secured to the frame. I use to batteries a group 24 which came with it and a group 31 which I've added. The group 31 doesn't fit in the group 24 box so I switch them around when I change batteries. The leads going to the battery are not long enough to reach both batteries if I screw both boxes to the frame. Am I worrying to much about the straps coming loose and a battery sliding off in travel?

planesnut
08-25-2013, 09:21 AM
I've had two batteries next to each other and just held down with the straps for 3 years now. I've got over 10,000 miles on it and the straps have not loosened one bit. I don't think you need to worry about them.

GaryWT
08-26-2013, 04:15 AM
My first trailer it was just strapped in, the current one is screwed in no strap, I see no difference but they just sit there, I never do anything with the battery except to bring it in for the winter.