PDA

View Full Version : Soon to be newbie sniffin around before pullin the trigger

afishinado
08-25-2013, 03:08 AM
Wife and I are a retired couple, did some touring on our Harleys, did a 2 month trip in our Tahoe...
Now thinking of a 21-22' toy hauler to hook on the back of the Tahoe to do our 2-3 month summers away from Florida and parking it in a RV park on the other side of FL and use it as a getaway cabin...
Getting a lot of naysayers telling me my Tahoe won't be able to do it, I will find out!
Nice to meet you all!

Lost
08-25-2013, 03:24 AM
:wlcm:To the forum from Michigan. I would strongly suggest that once you find the rig you want that you make sure your TV can pull it safely. Don't take the word of the sales person. Double check your TV pulling limits.

Woodsrider
08-25-2013, 08:07 AM
:wlcm:

Depends on the set up of your Tahoe. My neighbor's is rated for up to a 12,000 pound trailer. What does it say in your owners manual?

GaryWT
08-25-2013, 10:17 AM
Welcome. Just match up the numbers before you buy. At 22 feet it should be good even with the bikes.

cdawrld
08-26-2013, 06:38 AM
Welcome!
I would recommend the 230RS Outback. Light 590lb tongue weight. Good size for small sites. King size bed. and a 8x8 garage up front.

theeyres
08-26-2013, 08:25 PM
The answer is really quite simple: check your manual and door info. It will tell you how much you can haul as it all depends on the specs for your specific Tahoe. Then see if you can find the trailer that meets those specs. If you get a trailer near the max of your tow ratings, just know that you won't be making any speed records. Except that you will be going up hills slower than a Corvette. Take your time and you will be fine.

labs4life
08-27-2013, 06:00 AM
Welcome!
I would recommend the 230RS Outback. Light 590lb tongue weight. Good size for small sites. King size bed. and a 8x8 garage up front.

This tongue weight is without propane or goodies. It is also not including the Harley(s) he will put up there. :-0

Kristi
08-27-2013, 06:05 AM
:wlcm: Good luck with your trailer shopping. Like others have said know your weight & length limits on your vehicle including rear axle weight limits. There are trailers of all shapes & sizes out there so there should be something in your range, it is just a matter of finding it. :)