PDA

View Full Version : Cougar 28RLS

timskiwv
08-22-2013, 04:42 PM
3 months in with the 28RLS & have a question. It has 2 gray tank valves. How does everyone hook up 2 hoses to dump tanks???

007stiggs
08-23-2013, 01:25 PM
I'm not sure I quite understand your question about 2 hoses to the dump tanks. I have a 26BHS Cougar. It also has two grey water tanks and one black water tank. Each has their own dump valve but all three get evacuated to the same 3 inch main dump valve.

therink
08-23-2013, 01:48 PM
If one of your grey tanks has separate drain pipe (in the rear) like mine, I do not use a separate hose to drain it. I just leave the valve closed on this tank and move drain hose to it when it needs draining. My second grey tanks fills much slower than first because it is only for the inside and outside kitchen sinks.
Steve

timskiwv
08-23-2013, 03:24 PM
The problem is that the kitchen gray water valve is located in the rear right behind the wheels and in the middle under the extended slide. To dump I have to either bring in the slide or crawl underneath it. I hook up the hose before extending slide and use a "y" fitting at the sewer pipe now but when dumping black tank it backs up in the gray line. Is there an easier way to do this?

therink
08-23-2013, 03:42 PM
Mine is under then slide as well. Mine rear grey only needs to be dumped once every few days if not longer. I just move the hose over if needed. If I was permanent at a site I may consider a Y and additional hose. I just don't find it necessary for a week or less.
Steve