PDA

View Full Version : coupler height

coryj
08-22-2013, 11:23 AM
I am looking to rent and maybe purchase a Hideout28bhs. I am going to order an equalizer hitch before I do so and in order to buy the right size shank I need to know the height to the top of the coupler on the trailer. I was wondering if anyone can help. The lady at the rental place was of no help.

RGene7001
08-22-2013, 01:07 PM
2 ways too do it.
1. Call Keystone customer service.
2. Put trailer level on level ground, check vertical height with tape our ruler from the ground to the top INSIDE the coupler

coryj
08-23-2013, 11:27 AM
I know how to do it but I don't have access to the trailer and its almost an hour away. Like I said the rental lady at the rv dealer is of no help. I wanted to get the measurement before I order the wd hitch. I guess I could try calling keystone.

MISailor
08-23-2013, 12:34 PM
I don't have a Hideout, but I'll jump in here in the absence of responses from Hideout owners. Judging from pictures of the model that you are considering it's likely that the coupler height is close to that of the Premier TT's. Our couplers are at 24" when the TT is level. I would bet that if you get a shank that allows you to adjust in the 20-26" range you'll be OK.

vwags
08-24-2013, 10:15 AM
I just saw you post and I have a Springdale 28bhs so I assume it will be the same height. I am at work now and the trailer is in storage but I will try to measure as soon as I can if no one else gets you the info