PDA

View Full Version : AC Dripping Problem

gprone
08-22-2013, 03:37 AM
Hello,

I am on the Outer Banks of North Carolina with my family for 8 days.

We have been running the AC and for the second day in a row there is water build up and dripping on the inside of our trailer. It is pretty significant. It is on the roof tiles and around most of the ceiling vents.

Any suggestions? I am wondering if there is a drain on the compressor unit which is not working. It is not real humid here but I noticed there is no water running off the roof like there usually is and some of my neighbours I do see water coming off their roofs.

Thank you for any help in advance.

Jim W
08-22-2013, 04:38 AM
If you can I would get on the roof of your trailer and pull the cover off of the A/C unit. I would look for either a plugged drain line or plugged drain hole on the unit. This should drain to the outside and on to the roof. You may want the A/C off as you look at this to insure there is no electrical damage that could occur or that you would get a shock from the A.C unit.

Good Luck.

Jim W.

SAABDOCTOR
08-22-2013, 06:28 AM
Hi there! x2 up on the roof you go! while your up there and the cover is off and the a/c is turned off (at the breaker) clean the condenser of any debris that be cought up there. be safe.:cool:

therink
08-22-2013, 07:36 AM
I have that same issue at the ceiling vent in my bathroom. I believe it is related to humidity condensation forming at the vents. It helps when I run my bath fan for a while after each shower and leave the roof vent cracked open.
Steve

fred1609
08-22-2013, 07:41 AM
I would also echo the advise and to check around the AC unit looking for any possible damage (wet wood) to the roof.

gprone
08-22-2013, 10:19 AM
Many thanks Gents.....looks like I will be looking for a ladder today.

markc
08-26-2013, 10:41 AM
If by chance you are staying at Camp Hatteras get Rob (staff person) to help you. Rob is good with camper problems.

MarkS
08-26-2013, 03:38 PM
around most of the ceiling vents

If it were a blocked drain, I would expect the drip to be at the AC. During hot / humid days, you want max air flow through the AC. Most ACs have a set of louvers at the main AC vent. It diverters air to the ducts or directly out of the AC into the TT. Try keeping this louver open to the TT during the day.