PDA

View Full Version : Outfitting your trailer

TmJones
08-19-2013, 05:00 PM
I know there will be personal preference with alot of things, but is there a list of staple item to have in the trailer? I know the first time out, or two, I will realize what I miss, but is there a comprehensive list on the forum some where?

curlyfungirl
08-19-2013, 05:21 PM
Indoor living wise, what ever you have in your home for creature comforts you will probably want in the trailer. It gets pricey running to the mini mart for basics like tylenol and sugar. We bought small containers of things and refilled as they got empty.

Woodsrider
08-19-2013, 05:43 PM
Duplicate your medicine cabinet, such as antacids, Tylenol, etc. A comprehensive first aid kit.
A basic set of tools to fix the usual's; wrenches screw diver and bits, (square drive)..

and dry sundries in the pantry. We keep dehydrated hashbrown potatoes, rice, biscuit mix, cans of chili, vegetables, and fruit... Basically if you have it in your pantry at home, keep a few in your trailer. That way you know there is always s things in there that you'll eat, and all you have to do is fill the fridge and the gas tank.

Festus2
08-19-2013, 06:13 PM
TmJones -
Yes, there is a list on the forum. Go to the Prospective Owner's section and you will find a sticky "New RV Owners Checklist" compiled by SlowPoke.

E597283
08-21-2013, 12:29 PM
extra "refreshment" refrig for outside....beats getting ice everyday for the cooler

Little Guy
08-21-2013, 12:36 PM
Duct tape and WD40...lol"bouncey:

therink
08-21-2013, 01:44 PM
If you have android device, check out the RVlist app in Google Play Store (it is free). Very helpful. Maybe there is same app for Apple.
Stebe

mom2budnbug
08-30-2013, 10:53 AM
We keep a notebook in our trailer to make a list of items that we forgot to take as they come up. It is amazing the things you can forget or not even think of needing. We came home with a list of 15 items, from dry goods to tarps. I am sure we will come up with more on our next voyage.

CincyGus
09-01-2013, 06:35 AM
First thing I put in my trailer was a small dry erase board just as you come in. The first 5-6 trips, it became the perfect place to write down things we needed to put in the camper. After that, it's just a place to write reminders, things that need done once we get home, schedules, etc. Very Handy.