PDA

View Full Version : I'm back....

SlowPoke
08-11-2013, 03:12 PM
Hi to all the new faces around here, and just wanted to poke my head back in, and say I'm back after a bit of time to deal with some work, and personal issues... all is well again. I won't be as active as before, but will be checking in more regularly!!!

I've now been on four outings...

Pirateland, Myrtle Beach; Williamsburg, VA; Gettysburg, PA; and Colonial Beach, VA.

Going back to Gettysburg, weekend after next. Haven't been able to do as much camping this summer as originally planned, but still have a few outings planned, and a final for the year to Orlando, FL for Christmas.

Now I gotta go check 323 new posts to see what I've missed the past 3 months...LOL:rofl:

I have finally added a second friction sway bar...which has helped EXTENSIVELY, and a few minor mods to my Passport. Will get some pics posted to the proper category,as soon as I have some more time.

For now, glad to be back, and off to go read read read!!!

Festus2
08-11-2013, 03:32 PM
Slow Poke -

I was just thinking the other day that we haven't heard from you in a long time and glad to hear that you're back with us again. :wlcm: ...we missed you!

SlowPoke
08-11-2013, 03:40 PM
Right back at cha!

Kristi
08-12-2013, 06:00 AM
:wlcm: back. Glad to hear life has settled down for you for now, hope all continues to go well!

SAABDOCTOR
08-12-2013, 07:15 AM
Glad your back and Life has smoothed out! wishing you the best!:cool:

rrohrer
08-12-2013, 07:33 AM
welcome back. did you like pirateland. I've been eyeing it up for next yr.

SlowPoke
08-12-2013, 04:35 PM
welcome back. did you like pirateland. I've been eyeing it up for next yr.

It actually was a very nice place. The annuals were conglomerated around the amenities (Pool, camp store...etc) We stayed at the beach section back and to the right of the park (facing the beach). People were quiet, and extremely nice and helpful when needed, and stayed away when they weren't needed. (No leeches, in other words LOL)

The dislikes were it was a older and TIGHT campground, designed more for smaller trailers from back in the day, but CAN accommodate large trailers/motor homes...just be careful maneuvering the roadways. Try to get a pull thru if you have a larger than 30' TT and pay no attention to the "EXIT ONLY" signs when attempting to approach your pull thru site. Mine was setup backwards from the normal entry. The camp store had cheaper prices on good stuff, than I've ever seen in any camp store and had quite a selection of items, need-nots, what-nots, and gotta haves.

The only other downfall, was they charged for mini-golf, and would not allow the use of "personal putters and balls" for free. The price to play 1 game was quite expensive as well. (I want to say it was like $9.50 if I recall)...we chose to go down on the strip and play at a commercial place for half the price.

Overall, would go back again camp fees were inexpensive for a "beach site", and was a great first trip with my new TT...just wish it had been warmer than 50 degrees in April (Easter Week).:banghead:
Hope that helps!

Javi
08-12-2013, 04:45 PM
Glad you're back, work does seem to get in the way."bouncey:

DK Henry
08-12-2013, 07:18 PM
:wlcm:Back I hope all is well. Looking forward to reading about your travels. Pirateland is on our list.

rrohrer
08-13-2013, 08:48 AM
thanks for the info about pirateland

GaryWT
08-13-2013, 06:10 PM
Glad to hear everything is good and back in order.