PDA

View Full Version : Wireless Television Control for Bedroom Reception

Jim Dow
08-10-2013, 04:42 PM
I am looking at using a RF-Link AVS 5811 Transmitter/Receiver with IR Repeater to overcome the limitations of the Dish Tailgater single receiver. That is, with the Tailgater single receiver limitation, you can watch the same channel on all televisions in the camper - as controlled by the living room television connected to the Dish receiver unit. However, you cannot change the channel from the bedroom or from the outside (storage area) television.

Using a wireless link (with IR repeater for channel control), I should be able to avoid using the camper's coax cabling system altogether for bedroom reception while controlling the Dish receiver channel selector via the IR repeater.

Has anyone attempted this before?

gwperkins
09-26-2013, 08:32 AM
I am looking at using a RF-Link AVS 5811 Transmitter/Receiver with IR Repeater to overcome the limitations of the Dish Tailgater single receiver. That is, with the Tailgater single receiver limitation, you can watch the same channel on all televisions in the camper - as controlled by the living room television connected to the Dish receiver unit. However, you cannot change the channel from the bedroom or from the outside (storage area) television.

Using a wireless link (with IR repeater for channel control), I should be able to avoid using the camper's coax cabling system altogether for bedroom reception while controlling the Dish receiver channel selector via the IR repeater.

Has anyone attempted this before?

Well ... not exactly, but ... I have DirecTV HD service and have installed a Terk LF-30S system (2.4 Gig vs your 5.8 Gig) to wirelessly send my satellite signal to the bedroom of our Alpine 3450RL.

There are only 2 issues with this ... 1.) they system does not pass HD (works fine but the picture in the Bdrm is not as crisp as I would like) and 2.) although the DirecTV RF Remote will work the sat rcvr from the Bdrm, it causes the sat rcvr to sense that the signal is not HD and tries to force me to reset the rcvr to SD.

In order to overcome the HD issue, I am considering acquiring an IOGEAR GW3DHDKIT Wireless 3D Digital Kit with Full HD 1080P and 5.1 Channel Digital Audio.

But to your point, I would think the IR Repeater should meet your needs if your Dish rcvr does not have RF capability directly.

Good Luck
Glenn
:USA2: