PDA

View Full Version : new owner - with peeling decals

steve huntley
08-07-2013, 02:51 PM
we just bought a 2009 34' Montana with 4 slides. Love the footprint and options. I notice the decals are peeling badly and it looks like a common thread on these. Seems the solution is very costly. Is there any way to get help or does anyone out there know who to contact to find out?

Festus2
08-07-2013, 04:17 PM
we just bought a 2009 34' Montana with 4 slides. Love the footprint and options. I notice the decals are peeling badly and it looks like a common thread on these. Seems the solution is very costly. Is there any way to get help or does anyone out there know who to contact to find out?

Because your unit is 4 years old and past Keystone's 1 year warranty period, I wouldn't expect too much in the way of assistance from them. You might want to discuss this with your dealer , if you purchased it from one, or see what you can find out from a nearby sign shop.

Keystone may, if you made a request, send you the decals - at your cost and you would be responsible for the removal and application of the new ones.

Some members have tried using a clear "glue" similar to nail polish to prevent further peeling.

Try eBay or Amazon - sometimes they have Keystone decals for sale there. Or check with our new list of RV supplies and suppliers found as a sticky in the Repairs and Maintenance section --- look under "Decals"..

Railcop345
07-29-2014, 10:03 PM
If you purchased your unit from a dealer, insist that they contact Keystone Customer Service and request replacement decals for the Entire unit. If no dealer, you can call CS, tell them you tried the local dealer with no luck and request the decals from them. I have a 2008 2955RL that had a decal problem. When I contacted Keystone, the sent me a complete set for FREE, including shipping. Of course, you will need to remove the old and apply the new. (I removed the old but gladly paid to have them applied! Good luck!:)

JRTJH
07-30-2014, 07:09 AM
Railcop345, From the posted experiences of members who have done what you did, some are successful and some aren't. I can't give you any "magic word or phrase" at assures success in getting replacement decals, but about 50% seem to get Keystone to provide replacements while the other 50% end the phone call with frustration and no decals.

Why the difference in outcomes? Nobody has posted that, yet.....

86GT2r
07-31-2014, 06:05 PM
The front Passport decal was replaced just before the warranty ran out. The next year it was cracking & failing again. It is still that way & will continue to get worse I suppose. The point to this is that even if Keystone provides a new set of decals, they won't last very long either. The decals are just poor quality.

koko
08-04-2014, 07:27 AM
If I were Keystone, I don't think it's very good advertising of their product to see peeling decals running around the country. It would be worth their time and effort to provide replacements. Maybe using that wording is the strategy with the good outcome!

howard
08-04-2014, 12:35 PM
Steve,
I had the identical problem on our 2008 Montana. I only replaced the "bad" decals and they were easier than I thought. I remember paying $35.00 at the dealer for the big "MONTANA" decal on the front of the trailer.
Go to an auto body supply store and get "decal remover" and also "decal aligner." Both are in large spray bottles, like Windex. The decal aligner is almost like magic as you spray this on the trailer, remove the backing from the decal, put the decal on the trailer and it slides around easily to get it straight and level. A second set of hands with a second ladder would have been even easier, but I did it alone and it looked perfect.
Howard