PDA

View Full Version : Portable Tank

Bengalsfans
08-23-2010, 12:03 PM
I recently bought a 22 gal. portable holding tank. My question is when dumping tank(s) from the RV,how do know when portable tank is almost full?:confused:

hankpage
08-23-2010, 01:09 PM
I used to use a short length of garden hose to dump gray water into portable tank. It was easy to see when the tank was filling. I never used it for, nor do I think these tanks are designed for black water.

Flyguy
08-23-2010, 03:52 PM
I use a 27gal tote-tank when dry camping and use it for grey water only! I know when it's full because of the pop-up indicator which releases air as the tank is filling, as soon as the hissing stops I know that the tank is full (and heavy) and as you can guess this is not my favorite job when dry camping, I would rather be sitting in my easy chair under the awning with a cool one.

Ruffus
08-23-2010, 04:20 PM
The new grey smart tote has a automatic shut off when it's full. I bought a 34 gallon Barker Tank off Craigslist and they have a pot up indicator just before it's full. I bought the indicator at the local RV store for $15 bucks. I haven't had to try it yet.
Jim B:cool: