PDA

View Full Version : Motion activated porch light

howard
08-05-2013, 06:18 AM
The plastic lens (each side) on the motion activated porch lamp on our 2012 Alpine became brittle and broken. The light still works but only by the off and on switch, not motion.
I assume I'll need to replace the entire lamp assembly? Any recommendation as to where to buy the replacement?
Thanks!

diugo
08-05-2013, 06:46 AM
The exact same thing happened to me, after just nine months of use. No sense buying a replacement if that will happen over and over.

I haven't tried it yet, but I am wondering if it is simply too sensitive without the lenses in place---have you tried just lowering the sensitivity?

Dreamsongs
08-05-2013, 09:03 PM
Same here!

General RV could not find replacement lenses.

I used scotch tape... Figured it was better than nothing!

Dave

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

pbryan
08-05-2013, 09:18 PM
Only 1 year and I've got 1 sensor cover missing and the other cracked but still currently in place... I'm hoping that water can't get in around the sensor and find its way into the wall... I was able to adjust the sensitivity and it still works ok... It's a bit of a pain to adjust since you have to remove the main lens to get at the adjustment screws...

Based on the durability and the fact that the motion sensing never worked real well, I don't think I'd replace it with another one... Probably just go with a normal porch light....

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 2

slewis95407
08-06-2013, 06:31 AM
http://www.starlightsinc.com/shop/pc/home.asp

Maximus
08-06-2013, 06:39 AM
Had same problem. Found that when the awning was in use the light was always going on and off. Just using the switch when I want the light on. Works for me.