PDA

View Full Version : toml-nm

toml-nm
08-22-2010, 07:27 PM
Out again this weekend, looking at Cougar High Country models, really liked the rear kitchen, anyone tried one, what is your experience... Thanks

Flyguy
08-23-2010, 06:04 AM
Welcome to the forum, I have transfered your post from "New Member Check-in" to this section.

Seann
08-23-2010, 08:58 AM
Rear kitchens bounce the dishes etc much more than others do.. so be prepared when you open a cupboard.

hankpage
08-23-2010, 12:27 PM
7500 miles haven't lost a dish. We love the RK floor plan and the High Country looks nice but I hope the 28 gal. waste tank is a typo.

KanTC
08-23-2010, 09:04 PM
Welcome to the forum toml-nm, and greetings from a fellow NM resident!

Our previous 5th wheel was a rear kitchen floor plan, and we loved the extra counter space & storage.

We were also concerned (at first) about the potential for things to bounce around, but after 13,000+ miles, we never had anything fall out of the cabinets, or break. We did have one drawer that would come open on occasion, but quite honestly, I think that had as much to do with the double-tier (silverware/storage) drawer design, and not simply the fact that it was a rear kitchen... especially since none of the other 3 (typical) drawers below it ever came open! ;)

Happy shopping!

Terri [& DH Kevin] :)

toml-nm
09-15-2010, 09:09 PM
Took delivery on our Cougar High Country fifth wheel last week, went to a near-by state park to check it out. Everything checked out without any difficulties, we were very fortunate being in Southeast New Mexico, we received a good heavy rain for 15 to 20 minutes to check out the unit for roof and window leaks. Now just need to make the time to get on the road for a few days and enjoy our new unit.
toml-nm

antiqfreq
09-16-2010, 08:09 AM
That is just wonderful !

I hope you have many years of great memories camping in your new unit.

Jo
:)