PDA

View Full Version : Power stabilizer jacks won't extend once sense pressure.

TheSweetLife
08-04-2013, 06:27 AM
So we just returned from a 3 week trip. It was great. The only problem we had was with the front stabilizers, which are the powered kind. The jacks will lower and raise when you push the buttons. Problem is when there is any pressure on the feet they stop moving. This is a problem because they are to loose to provide stability to front of trailer. Any ideas on what to check first?

Thanks!

JRTJH
08-04-2013, 06:57 AM
Check the ground system. Chances are you've got a loose connection somewhere. Don't forget to check and tighten all the twist nuts as well as the screw in ground points.

TheSweetLife
08-04-2013, 07:48 AM
Thanks John. I will check this tonight. I assume you mean the twist nuts in the center of the bar that connects the two sides?

vwags
08-04-2013, 06:24 PM
I see from your signature you have the same trailer as I do and I have a similar problem. When I push the button the motor runs but there is no movement sometimes and when they touch the ground the motor runs but they no longer push. Mine sounds like a shear pin has broken and I talked to the dealer and told them that and they agreed. They sent me the pin because it is easier for me to replace it than to take it to them to replace it under warranty. Haven't gotten to it yet though, I just crank them down by hand to get stability until I fix it.

GaryWT
08-04-2013, 07:41 PM
In our previous trailer we had electric jacks. All they did was stabilize the trailer from tipping, they had no bite when they went down. New trailer has crank down jacks which are much better. Motors the use are too small to be useful.