PDA

View Full Version : Keystone Raptor 27FS Owners

Nailz
08-03-2013, 09:32 PM
Hello all,

I really like the floor plan on this model and am considering purchasing. I have never owned an RV so, go easy on me:D.

Did any of you owners compare this model with the FR XLR 27HFS-EP? If so, can you provide any comments on your decision to purchase the keystone?

I have a few questions about this model and do not have a local dealer who carries one that I can talk to or walk through.

1. Is there a furnace in this unit?
2. Is the garage heated?
3. Does the hot water heater have a bypass kit installed?
4. Does this unit have a 15K BTU A/C?
5. How is the wall reinforced in the locations for additional TV’s in the bedroom & garage?
7. Is the AC/DC converter capable of charging a dual battery setup?
8. Is the slide out electric or hydraulic?

Sorry for the 20 questions and thanks in advance for your help.

Curtis

gearcutter
08-04-2013, 02:20 PM
I have a 2013 26FS and it has furnace, bypass installed, 15,000 ac, slide-out is electric, my garage isn't separated from the living area so it is heated, don't know about the 27FS on that. I haven't installed TV in the bedroom either. It has been a great toyhauler so far. I have taken it out in rough backwoods country 3 times this summer. They sit high off the ground, so clearance is not an issue. Call one of the Keystone dealers, they were helpful when I was looking to buy.

Nailz
08-07-2013, 12:59 PM
Gearcutter,

Thanks for the response. I am working to get quotes on this unit. Keystone told the dealer that 15K AC was not an option. Also stated that the fridge is 6Cu not 8. Still a tough decision.

gearcutter
08-07-2013, 01:45 PM
That's tough.

The fridge is a big thing, especially if you dry camp much. The AC probably is OK most of the time. I really like the 26fs with the v nose. The bedroom is closed off from the coach. I really don't know why they quit making them. I imagine it has to do with tongue weight for 1/2 ton towing.

Nailz
08-07-2013, 03:10 PM
Does anyone have contact information for a Keystone Raptor Rep for the SE? I am shopper trying to make an informed decision without being able to physically lay hands on the Raptor 27FS model. The Keystone website does not clearly define what is available for this model.:confused:

Thanks,(tx)

Curtis

gearcutter
08-08-2013, 07:45 AM
Go to the Big Daddys RV site. They are very knowledgeable. They also have for sale several 27fs units. They list 15,000 btu AC, 8 cubic ft fridge etc.

Nailz
08-09-2013, 12:35 PM
Gearcutter,

Did you purchase from them? I have been considering them.

Curtis

Big Boy w/ Big Toys
08-11-2013, 02:16 PM
Consider buying from here.....they made me a smoking deal with delivery.

http://www.rvwholesalers.com/design/116/3064/Build-Your-Own-2014-Keystone-RV-Raptor-27FS-Toy-Hauler-Travel-Trailer-RV/

I have the 30 FS and it is AWESOME!!!!!!! Agree with above, not sure why they went away from the "V" nose but mine tracks true even in cross winds. There are probably a few motor homes that hate me passing them with the "V" nose, but oh well.

As for using a 1/2 ton for towing a toy hauler, I personally would not. The 27 FS is showing about 6,885 dry weight, plus a cargo weight of 4105, makes that 10,990 total weight. They are claiming a hitch weight of 830. I am willing to bet that loaded ready for the road you will be north of 1000 pounds on the hitch easily. I know they advertise alot of 1/2 tons as having a 10k or even 12k towing capacity but I am not sure how they do it....oh wait the engineers said it could :rofl: Probably the same guy who has never hooked a trailer to the back of anything ever.

Looking at the 27 FS floor plan it has the separated garage, it is only an 8 foot garage. So make sure what ever you are going to haul is no longer then 7' 9" cause I am going to bet it's not 8', it's going to be 2 inches short because of the front garage wall. As for the A/C, 13,500 btu unit is in the 31 DS so that is most likely what is in the 27 FS, not able to do a factory upgrade. As for a heat duct for the garage, not likely, when I spoke to Keystone it is a safety concern. I have dual 4D batteries in mine, they charge without issue, just need to check the rating on the charger unit.

Nailz
08-11-2013, 04:27 PM
I've been working with RVW trying to get them to see things my way! There pricing is very good, I am just tight! Big Daddy's has not given me the warm fuzzy. Communication has not been consistent.

My TV is a Toyota Tundra 5.7 4x4 Crewmax with tow package. The tow capacity is listed a s 10,100lbs & GCWR 16,000lbs. I may have to avoid dry camping. Having full Fresh, Black & Gray water tanks plus toys & stuff would exceed the GCWR I think.

I have a Goldwing. The specs I read on the 27FS stated it has a 9' garage. If that is accurate then I should have enough room.

I've also been looking at the Fuzion 260, Work & Play 25ULA & the Forest River XLR 27HFS. The Raptor 27FS is my favorite:)

If I had a stronger tow vehicle I could get a 5er and be done with it. My bank account would need to be larger as well :D

rnkburg
08-12-2013, 07:25 PM
I bought from big daddy's, but I live an hour and a half away so I went there. I dealt with one salesman and the owner to get my deal. When they heard I was looking at another dealer the deal got even sweeter. In fact I ended up getting a bigger unit than we planned because the deal was so good. I ended up with a raptor 300 mp fifth wheel and I was going to buy the fusion 300 I believe tag trailer.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

Essness
08-13-2013, 03:33 AM
The 27 FS has a 9 foot garage and physically measures dead on 9 foot. My air conditioner specs out to a 15000 btu per the part number.

Nailz
08-13-2013, 05:29 AM
Thanks Ya'll!

Scot, 9Ft would be just enough!

Curtis

Nailz
08-13-2013, 05:31 AM
Scot,

As an update. I did find out that you can order the 27FS with a 15K AC unit.

Essness
08-13-2013, 05:37 AM
Scot,

As an update. I did find out that you can order the 27FS with a 15K AC unit.

(tx)Curtis.